XLI

Through pain of heart or loss of mind, your burdens lifted
You aren't alone just know that I, can't save our hearts tonight
~ Black Veil Brides, Carolyn

"Did you find her?" I question Devon and Lucas as they climb the steps into the bus dripping wet.

"Yeah, Olivia is talking to her outside, something about options." Lucas shrugs his shoulders, taking the towel that I had in my arms, waiting for them to show up as it is almost midnight. "Where are Kyle and Erik?"

"Kyle went to bed and Erik is taking a shower." I mutter looking back at the door Erik had disappeared through a little over ten minutes ago. "I gave Kyle a cup of hot tea before he went to bed."

"Got any more hot tea left?" Lucas asks as he moves past me and to the booth.

"I can make you some."

"What are you doing?" Devon questions, "were you just gonna put that mug full of water in the microwave to make tea?"

"Yes?" I answer.

"Move aside, you don't make tea with a microwave." Devon takes the mugs from me and shoos me to the booth.

"Stupid British tea drinkers." I grumble, causing Kyle to laugh.

"Let me guess, Erik didn't want tea either and Kyle was too upset to tell you you fucked up tea."

"How was I supposed to know how to make tea? I don't even like tea." I run my fingers through my hair.

"Don't worry, this will all work out." Kyle takes my hand and squeezes it.

"How do you know?"

"Because this happened a few years ago after Scarlett met her father." Devon says as he sits down beside Kyle.

"What happened?"

"He was a lowlife like we told her but she didn't listen to us and she ended up on a bender, her mom found out when she was called down to the ER when she was working." All three of us turn our heads as Erik sits down beside me with a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie on.

"How are you feeling?" I question Erik, looking at the water drip down the back of his neck.

He makes sweatpants look good, but this is no time to be thinking about that.

"Like I'm not going to be sleeping." He grumbles from beside me.

I look down as I realize how stupid of a question that was.

Devon gets up and brings four cups back for us.

"What are they going to do about Scarlett?" Devon questions as he sits down.

"Probably the same thing as last time, she'll prob stay the night and leave on the first plane and her mom will take it from there." Erik stares down at the cup between his hands.

"She'll be okay Erik." Erik doesn't say anything to Devon and none of the muscles in his face twitch. Its as if Erik was replaced by a statue.

"I don't want her to turn out like my mother."

"Is there anything I can get you before I head to bed?" Devon stands up and takes the still hot cup with him.

"No, but thank you."

"Night Erik." Lucas squeezes Erik's shoulder, "try to get some sleep."

We sit in silence with our arms barely rubbing against each other.

I stare at him, wondering what I can possibly do to help him, but I draw a blank.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I'm snapped back into reality by his low voice.

"I just don't know how to help you and I want to, but I'm scared of doing the wrong thing." I answer him truthfully; if the last 72 hours have taught me anything it's that lying only makes shit worse and not saying anything creates a shit storm.

"You can't fix everything Ray, I know how much you try, but some things are just meant to be chaos."

"I don't believe that."

"Stop trying to see the good in everything, not everything is sunshine and rainbows like it is for you prissy children. Some of us are destined for chaos."

"No." I turn so that my body is fully facing him and raise my chin as I stare him down, "I get that you were dealt a shitty card but that doesn't mean you're destined for chaos. With every storm there comes an end and a period of reconstruction even when the end isn't visible. You can't just look at the whirlwind around you and say that is it, that is your life. You and I both know that this will blow over. You tell Scarlet to stop blaming everyone else, but you should listen to your own words Erik.

"I know everything isn't rainbows and unicorn shits, but I do know life is what you make out of it and if you keep thinking it's a shit hole, that's all it will ever be." I say after a few minutes of silence.

"Are you done?"

"You're unbelievable!" I throw my hands up in frustration at him as he gives me yet another blank look.

"So I've been told."

I push myself up so that I'm standing on the cushion of the booth and look down at Erik for once, "I'm sorry for hurting you."

I attempt to step over him rather than over the table to get to the other booth which would have been smarter.

I feel his fingers clasp around my dainty wrist and give me a slight tug, "please don't leave."

His voice is barely a whisper when he pleads to me, "I don't want to be alone tonight."

I make an attempt to move back to where I was sitting before but instead Erik guides me to sit on the table in front of him.

I gaze at him curiously as he looks at me with a complex look on his face, "my aunt told me to give you a chance and that I shouldn't blame you for what has happened with Scarlett, you didn't know what was going on. The Scarlett you are seeing now isn't the same Scarlett you shared a room with in New York; when she drinks, she becomes a different person. My cousin would never want to hurt Kyle like she did."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I want you to trust me and I know that I need to open up to you in order for you to do so."

"I do trust you."

"We haven't known each other long enough and I truly believe you don't know yourself, you said it yourself, you've been living a lie for most of your 24 years."

I don't say anything, but rather cup his face between my hands and run my thumb across his untouched skin that has yet to see the tip of a needle.

"I know that I truly care about you and that I'm going to be here every step of this journey we call The Fall." We both laughs he cups my hands with his.

"That was truly a terrible name for our first tour." I nod my head along with him, "promise me once this is done you will take the time to find out who Avril Lynn Lexington is before this becomes serious. I never want you to regret anything."

"How did the topic get changed to me?" I raise an eyebrow at him, waiting for one of his famous one liners.

"Because you are worth falling for a thousand life times, angelus."

And there it was.

Header by WrittenByItzel
Edited by GirlReader133