XVI

Then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain
~ Guns and Roses, November Rain

Kyle's words still play in my head as I sort through my clothes to find something to wear for lunch with Devon's girlfriend.

"Seems Erik can sleep with girls"

After the four of them had found us on the couch I went straight to my bunk and hadn't talked to anyone for the remainder of the ride until Scarlett came back to tell me that we would be going for lunch once we arrived in Philly. I had only been told to dress nicely as Devon wanted this to be a nice lunch.

I hold up the different dresses I had packed, it was still warm enough that I could get away with wearing a dress.

I had already done my makeup and hair and was just deciding what to wear as the band was already ready and lounging on the couch, casually talking.

I finally decide to wear a black lace short sleeve mini dress with lace detailing along the bottom. I pick my trusty black pumps and grab my long beige trench coat to keep me warm as it was now October.

I take one last look in the small mirror in the bathroom before venturing out into the living space of the bus.

"Let's go." I follow them out of the bus, keeping my distance from Erik. I haven't talked to him since this morning and truly I would rather not. I don't want to be just another a girl he humps and dumps.

Erik falls into step beside me with his hands shoved into pockets of the khakis he's wearing, "you look stunning for a casual lunch."

At his words, I become hyper aware of how everyone is dressed. No ripped jeans, just casual shirts and plain boots. I compare my clothes to Scarlett's; her black skater dress and high tops clash against my cocktail dress and heels.

Oh well, I'll own it.

I look at Erik before rolling my eyes. I don't need him nor do I want to deal with the man slut that he is.

He sighs in frustration as I walk faster and away from him.

The restaurant we are at is something my parents would never go to. It's nice, but it would never meet the standards that my parents hold. It looks to be family owned and run as there are photos of different generations on the wall when you first enter.

"They have the best Philly cheesesteak sandwiches." Scarlett bumps my shoulder with her own as she gives me a big grin.

My eyes roam around the room and spot a bar tucked off to the side with a bunch of different professional men casually laughing and talking.

The six of us follow the waitress to a table near the front of the restaurant with a pretty petite woman with skin the colour of chocolate and hair the colour of a raven already seated. Her eyes are what makes her breathtaking, the colour of warm honey.

A pretty blue sundress compliments her complexion and matches the onesie of the baby she is currently feeding from a bottle.

"You look gorgeous, darling." Devon moves to the side of the table and kisses the women softly, "Caroline, this is the band's social media manager, Avril Lexington."

"I would shake your hand, but they are kinda occupied right now by Aaron." Both Devon and Caroline stare down at the baby boy in Caroline's arms with love and adoration.

The rest of us take the remaining empty seats around the table, with Erik right across from me. He sends me a wink, as if that will make the memories of Kyle's words disappear.