LXXII

We are, we are the saints, we signed our life away
Doesn't matter what you think, we're gonna do it anyway
We are, we are the saints, one day you will confess
And pray to the saints of Los Angeles
~ Mötley Crüe, Saints of Los Angeles

Avril's POV

"Do you have everything you need?" I question Erik as I sort through his suitcase, making sure he packed more than three pairs of boxers.

"I think so, do you know where my hair gel is?" He calls out from the bathroom down the hall.

"I think Kyle took it!" Lucas yells from somewhere in the house.

These boys are supposed to head to Pomona tomorrow morning to do a soundcheck and make sure everything is set for the kickstart of the Final Full Cross Country Tour the day after but none of them have packed or even started to get ready.

"Do you really need it? You're going to sweat it out!" I try to reason with Erik. If any of them are behind on packing and getting things ready, it's him. He has everything else ready they will need for the next few months, but he seemed to refuse to pack clothes.

I roll my eyes as I hear the two of them bickering from down the hall and head to Erik's closet to start pulling clothes out like his ripped jeans and tee shirts I've seen him wear so often at shows.

"What are you packing?" Lucas questions as he comes into the room.

"Erik's clothes, I think I've got a handle on what he wears."

"The same outfit every day?" Lucas questions before pulling a white muscle shirt off a hanger "should add some colour."

"You're gonna throw off his whole look." I gasp mockingly at Lucas as he tosses the shirt on the pile.

"Oh well, change is good."

"What did you two do?" Erik asks as he comes into the room with a bunch of bottles of hair products.

"I have never seen you use any of those, just use your hair wax. Pack the necessities, not the bathroom." I groan as I stare at the hair products.

"But -"

"No, put that stuff back." I cut him off before he can start arguing.

"I'll remember this when I help you pack tonight."

"I am packed and I'm not coming to Pomona till tomorrow night."

"Why?" Erik questions as he leaves the room to put everything back, "I thought you were coming with us in the morning."

I wait for Erik to be back in the room before we start talking again, "there won't be enough room in your car and Devon's for all 6 of us. Plus Isla doesn't get off work till 5 tomorrow so we are just going to Uber over after work and meet you guys there."

"Will you stay the night though?" Erik asks as he pulls me down on the bed beside him, "we can go out tonight for sushi if you want or get a burger. Whatever you want."

"Why are you being clingy?" I laugh as he wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek.

"Because we are going to get no time together in the next few months and I want to enjoy one of the last nights before the chaos."

"Alright." I laugh as he peppers my face with kisses, "do you want to just get some burgers and eat them at the beach?"

"How about some cake?"

"Ha, good one. Let me change and then we can leave." I pinch some of Erik's arm hairs to release his hold on me.

"Rude," Erik mumbles as he ruffles my hair before grabbing his phone to put some music on.

"You really like this song," I comment as I slip into a pair of denim capris without putting my foot through the hole.

"I want to do a cover of it, a good one." Erik says as he starts to mumble the words to Saints of Los Angeles, "when we were becoming a band and labels were starting to notice us we played this song nonstop. This was the song we recorded to show to the record label."

"I've never heard you guys perform it." I fix my hair in the mirror as Erik talks, still able to see him and the way he runs his fingers through his hair.

"We want to do the song justice since it's what kicked started us and it was the first song we learned as a group."

"I think you guys should do it, if you as a group can all relate to it, then do it," I suggest as we leave the house to do something we do so often, eat burgers on the beach.

I don't which one of us enjoys these nights more, Erik or I.

He gets the burger he's always craving and I get to sit my ass in the sand and watch the sunset.

"Excited about Warped Tour?" I question as we finally sit down in the sand with burgers in hand and a large fry between us.

I will definitely be hitting the gym tomorrow to balance this meal out.

"I am, but this has always been the goal so now that it is happening I feel like I can breathe. I'm happy you agreed to come even though I just assumed you were coming." Erik says before taking a big bite out of his burger, a smile spreading across his face, "this is so good."

"Better than cake?" I smirk at him, "I just wanted to hear you ask me. I kinda have to be there to keep your fans up to date on all the dumb shit the four of you do."

"Hey, I use my account responsibly."

"You literally just post selfies and photos from gigs and other social events."

"Responsible."

We have yet to make our relationship public, making sure not to post anything on social media and to keep things on the down low when going out except for our burgers and beach nights.

"Right." I laugh as I rest my head against his shoulder.

We haven't talked about going public and I don't know if that is something we are going to do or not.

"This may be better than cake by the ocean." I throw my head back and laugh as Erik starts to sing the lyrics of the song to his almost completed burger.

"I love this." I laugh as I continue watching the disturbing serenade.

"And I love you." Erik doesn't even hesitate to say it.

"Really?" I ask with a giddiness to my tone.

"How could I not? You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, we are literally spending our last free night eating burgers on a beach. I can't think of a better way to spend tonight, I would rather be with you than be a rockstar."

I stare in shock at him, Erik Hawthorne, the rockstar with commitment issues. The same man who turned me away and told me he could never do a relationship, let alone love someone, is now telling me he loves me.

I smile at him before saying the words back to him, something I had only ever dreamed about since discovering Fallen Angels.

"I love you too."

Edited by GirlReader133