LXII

true friends
are burning stars
they shine brightest
on those darkest nights
~ Atticus

Avril's POV

"How was your meeting?" Lucas questions before taking another bite of his caesar salad.

"Good, they are hoping to release before Valentine's. This is really exciting, I can't believe that this is actually happening." I smile as I take a sip from my beer.

Lucas had texted me during the meeting saying we should go out and celebrate and that is how we ended up at this sports bar. Lucas has a burger and salad, saying he's trying to eat more greens.

I don't think it counts when its covered in a creamy sauce and cheese.

"That's exciting, when do I get to read it?"

"I'm going to get some copies for you guys once they've been printed so maybe by the end of the month. I can't believe this is happening, it finally feels like my life is falling into place." I smile as I stab a piece of spinach. I also decided to make changes this year; to be happy and healthy.

"I can't wait to read all your inner thoughts, it will be like being inside of your head." I stare at Lucas with a raised eyebrow.

"Pardon? Okay, creepy you aren't getting a book."

"I take offence to that." Lucas pouts, "after all I've done for you. I didn't come back to your apartment on New Years, I let you have your time with the oh so dreamy Erik Hawthorne."

"You could have slept on the couch." I shrug my shoulders, but by the look on Lucas's face I can tell there is going to be some comment made, "what?"

"I don't need to listen to you two banging away, making up for lost time. I've heard enough of that to last me a lifetime, Devon and Caroline were the worst. Acting like rabbits."

"We didn't do anything. I'm not ready to do that again just yet. I want to take things slow."

"You were taking things pretty slow before, just saying."

"I didn't know him! My life isn't some cheesy novel where they meet in the first few chapters and by the 20th chapter they are saying they love each other and engage. I dated Will for ten years and we never got to marriage. I just don't want to rush things yet, we both still have a lot of growing individually and together before we can fully commit to each other."

"I wasn't talking about marriage but okay." Lucas rolls his eyes at me, "but I understand what you mean."

"Are you guys ready for your meeting with the producers for your new album?"

"Yeah, we've been in the studio for the last couple of days doing fourteen hour days to finalize the songs for tomorrow. This album is really raw with Me Against the Devil and the song you two worked on. I think those two will be out biggest hits by far." I can't help but smile for them, all their hard work is starting to pay off.

"Have you guys heard any more on Warped? I haven't been told anything except what to update for Twitter and Instagram. By the way, who designed the new merch for the album, it's really nice?"

"Kyle did the graphic designs, he was in school for it but dropped out when we started making a name for ourselves. Scarlett only finished hers because we still were just playing in college bars and the garage back in Chicago." Lucas starts to tell me about Chicago and what high school was like after meeting the band, "we were all kind of lost in our own ways and when we decided to make the band, we found ourselves. I owe a lot to this band, if it hadn't been for it I would probably be living on the streets."