Chapter 23

(Y/n) POV

"Hey Mizuka, do you know where I put my laptop?"
"No. It's not in the bag."
"You don't think I left it at the academy, do you?" I asked.
"I think so."
"Aww man. I have to go all the way over there to get it back then. Mizuka you stay here I'll be back right back as soon as I get it."
"Alright. Be careful."
"I will." I ran down the steps waving bye to my brothers and sisters as I walked outside of the gates and headed towards the train station. It wasn't going to take too long to get to the school probably only 30 to 40 minutes and then the same amount back. I wore a loose white tank top with a large black dream catcher in the middle, baby blue shorts, and brown sandals. I didn't even both to tie my hair or anything like that. I just left it how it was. Soon enough I found myself at the academy and in my room which was strangely enough messy. I thought everyone would have gone home or something but I guess not. I think either Law or Kid is still in the room since I know for a fact that everyone else went back home. And sure enough I was right. I took a turn to here Kid's desk was to find him working or more like building something strange. He was so into his work he didn't even notice that I was right behind him.
"Hey there Kid." In a second he turned his chair around and pointed a sharp metal piece at my neck until he realized it was me.
"You shouldn't sneak up on me. Next time I might actually kill you."
"My bad. What are you working on?"
"A gun. What are you even doing here? I thought you went back home or whatever. And where's your little pet?"
"First of all she's not a pet and she's at home. Second I just came back for my computer. Now what are you still doing here?"
"I don't care about this stupid holiday."
"Well that makes sense why our room's such a mess. Do you plan on cleaning it?"
"No."
"Not even for me. I'm hurt Kid."
"Shut up, like I would do anything for you. I don't care about you or what you want!"
"Okay. Is that's what you say. I believe you." I found my laptop in one of the drawers of my desk. "Well I just came for this so....

3rd POV

All of a sudden (y/n) felt tired and barely found the energy to stand. Her face turned red suddenly growing hot and she began to stumble a little. She tried leaning against the wall to support herself but end up falling down and dropping her laptop on the floor. Kid heard the sound and jumped out of his seat to find Bloom laying on the floor nearly unconscious.
"What the hell? What happened? What's wrong with you?!" He quickly ran to her side lifting her bangs to touch her forehead but he got burned. "You're burning up." Quickly he lifted her off the ground carrying her bridal style despite how hot her body was right now. She was sweating and as he carried her he could feel her breathing heavily for air while trying to stay conscious.
"Kid..." her voice came out softly, so quiet he could barely hear her. "Where are....taking..."
"Shut up already. I'm taking you to Trafalgar. He's here somewhere." Kid ended up kicking up a bunch of dorm room doors but couldn't find where Law was at so he decided to go straight to the principal's office. Kicking open the doors he yelled...
"Where's that Bepo's room!"
"Are you sure that's how you want to speak to your principal?" Doflamingo asked with a smirk.
"I don't have time for this! I need Trafalgar." Doflamimgo's eyes then trailed down to the sick girl in Kid's arm.
"Interesting. I read about your file. Eustass Kid. You're the type of man that doesn't care about anyone or anything right? Do why do you want to help her? You can leave her here and I'll deal with the problem."
"Like hell I'll leave her here with you. You're a sick bastard. I'll find the room myself!" Kid turned around storming out of the room but then Doflamingo suddenly said something which stopped him for only a moment.
"108."
Kid began to run this time to the first floor of the dorm rooms. He wasted no time in kicking the door to find Law along with Bepo, Shachi, and Penguin chilling on the beds.
"What are you—." Law stopped himself when seeing the stage (y/n) was in. "What happened to (y/n)-ya!"
"I don't know what happened?!! She just fainted for no reason!"
"Put her on the bed." Kid followed Law's direction and placed her on the bed backing away to allow Law to take care of her. He touched her forehead and immediately retracted his hand. "I've never seen a fever this high. Her whole body is burning up." He dumb around in one of the drawers getting a thermometer and placing it under her arm. He waited a few minutes before taking it out and checking. His eyes went wide and everyone noticed.
"What?! What's wrong? How high is it?"
"It's...43 degrees Celsius(110°)."
"43?!? What's does that mean? Why does her have it?"
"It means that she could die."
"Die?!?!" Kid went up to Law and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "I brought her here so you can fix this so fix it!!"
"I'm not a miracle worker. I can tell her to rest but unless I know the cause I don't know how to fix it or what to even prescribe her. You think I want her to die!" Law stared back at Kid just as mad because he didn't know what to do.
"Law...Kid...." (y/n) called. "I'm tired...sleep...I want to....sleep..."
"No don't! You have to stay awake you hear me." Law began holding her hand despite how hot it was. "Stay away for Mizuka-ya." He gently touched her bangs and stared down at her with worry before rising to his feet. He looked around the room and noticed something. "Where is Mizuka-ya?"
"She said she was at home. Why?"
"And you said that this started out of nowhere?"
"I said that didn't I! What's your point?"
"My point is that what if this isn't a natural sickness. What if it's because she's so far away from her familiar."
"Is that possible?" Shachi asked.
"I don't know for sure. No one's ever always had their familiar out like (y/n)-ya so I doubt anyone is ever far apart from their familiar. We need to call call her home and bring Mizuka-ya somehow."
"Oh yeah and how are we going to do that. We don't know where she lives." Kid said.
"Phone..." (y/n) began. "...at home...."
"Shachi my phone!!"
"Right boss!" Shachi threw the phone across the room and it was caught by Law. He quickly dialed (y/n)'s number and waited for someone to answer eagerly.
"Hello." Mizuka answered.
"Mizuka-ya, this is you right?"
"Yeah."
"Come here now! It's an emergency! (Y/n)-ya needs you!!! We're in room 108!!!" Law heard the sound of a phone being dropped but no answer so he assumed Mizuka was on her way. It was crazy how the familiar turned a 40 minute trip to a five minute one. Before they knew it, she was in their room. Mizuka's eyes searched around the room finally laying upon (y/n).
"(Y/n)." She could tell she was in a lot of pain from one look at her. It made the little girl want to cry as tears began to form in her eyes. She walked over to her master slowly and dropped down on her knees on the side of the bed.
"Hey what's going on! I thought if you brought the familiar she would get better but she's still sick!"
Mizuka slowly reached her arm to touch (y/n)'s and suddenly her sickness disappeared. The fever dropped in a second and she was no longer sweating or breathing heavily. (Y/n) found the strength to sit up properly in bed and look down at her precious little familiar.
"You healed me. Thanks Mizuka." (Y/n) smiled and in response, the little girl cried. She jumped up and hugged (y/n) crying her eyes out. "I've never seen you cry, Mizuka."
"I thought you were going to die. I was so scared. I don't want you to die (y/n). I don't want to leave you."
"I know." (Y/n) began petting Mizuka's head. "I'm sorry for scaring you. I don't think we'll be separating like that every again."
"No way." Mizuka replied shaking her head. She finally backed away during the tears in her eyes

(Y/n) POV

"Thank you Law for helping me. I would have never thought that was the reason."
"It's nothing (y/n)-ya. I'm just glad you're better. You really scared me."
"I know I'm sorry. I've never really been separated like that from Mizuka before so it was a bit of a surprise. Well at least one good thing came out of it."
"What that?" Law asked.
"Well, you got to learn something new. Now you knows what happens when you separate too far from your family too long. You're a doctor so I bet that great to learn."
"Nothing would be worth learning if it meant you would get hurt, (y/n)-ya. Your much more important."
"Thank you Law." I blushed. "So where's Kid?"
"He left right after he saw you were better."
"Wow, he's not even going to give me a change to thank him. Well, let's go Mizuka." She nodded at me and we both walked out of the room. I knew he was most likely going back to our room so that's where I decide to go and sure enough I found him in the same exact spot as I did when I first came. "You left fast."
"I had no reason to stay. And neither do you so get your shit and leave already!"
"Okay." I began grabbing my laptop and heading for the exit but not before saying one last thing. "Thank you for helping me Kid."