Chapter 22

(Y/n) POV

When I awoke, I first look at Mizuka who was sleeping on the other side of the couch, then I looked at everyone else. They were all very much asleep except I think someone was missing. With so many people it's always a little hard to tell. It took me a while to figure out that Sabo was gone. I made sure to slowly move off of the couch so I wouldn't wake Mizuka and go around it, so I wouldn't wake any of the other guys. They were sleeping peacefully with Luffy and Ace sleeping with their arms spread out. It was funny, Sanji and Zoro were sleeping in opposite directions but there faces were not that far apart. I'm sure it's going to be loud when they woke up. Everyone else seemed pretty normal besides that. After leaving the living room, I went up to the second floor and to Sabo's room where I thought he would be. He wasn't there though or in any of the other rooms so I walked out to the balcony in the master bedroom. It had a great view of the beach and surprisingly that's where I saw the blonde boy. He didn't notice me though so I ran out of the house and onto the sand which was a little colder then it would be at noon to catch him.
"Hey, Sabo. What are you doing here?" It was a little chilly considering the fact that I was still in my pajamas which were a white shirt and pink shorts.
"I jusy came out for some fresh air. It's nice out here isn't it?"
"Yeah. It's really pretty."
"Quiet too. That's rare."
"No kidding." I giggled. "But it's nice having a big family isn't it?"
"Yeah. It's always interesting. How about you? Do you have an siblings?"
"Yes actually. It's not as big as yours obviously but it's bigger then most. I have five siblings. Two sisters and two brothers. I'm the third youngest." I answered as we walked making the shore.
"Wow really. That's a lot."
"Yeah but I love them all. And you're right. It is always interesting. It's never boring at my house."
"Let's get back inside. You're cold aren't you?"
"A little come on." By the time we came back into the house all we heard was yelling mainly for Sanji and Zoro but there was some normal conversations as well until Nami got so mad she hit them both on the head. Luffy and Ace sat at the dining room table demanding food as Thatch made his to the kitchen while Robin, Izo, and Mizuka seemed to be having a conversation. I could tell that Mizuka enjoyed herself today and even right now because of that small smile on her face. I love the fact that Mizuka is finding friends in these people. It makes me happy to see her have fun. "You really care about her." Sabo suddenly said.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean I see the way you look at Mizuka. You're so nice to her and you don't treat her like a familiar. It's like she's your little sister."
"She is my little sister. Not just for me though. My whole family treats her as one."
"That's nice. Your family seems great. You know what. Now that I think about it, we never met your family before and they live nearby don't they?"
"Yeah but—."
"Hey, you're right." Ace interrupted.
"I want to meet your family!" Luffy said.
"Me too! I want the family that made my goddess."
"Aww, can you imagine little (y/n). I bet you were adorable." Nami said.
"I bet you were cute." Thatch's agreed.
"No, no, no, no, no!" I yelled nervously. "Definitely not allowed, ever!"
"Why not?" Sabo asked.
"Just you know...um my family's out of the country right now you won't be able to see them." It was a quick lie but I hope they believe me. I don't mind Nami or Robin meeting my family but the rest of them. It could spell doom and more craziness. And if they found out I shared a room with all boys, I'm dead. They would never leave be alone.
"You're lying." Usopp said.
"Didn't you say you were going to spend the break with your family?" Ace asked. I forgot I told him that.
"Well, you see..."
"They are coming back on Thanksgiving day." Mizuka spoke up saving me. She knew as well as I what would happen if I got caught.
"You aren't lying to us are you?" Nami asked.
"Nope." I answered and Mizuka shook her head no in agreement. "Well anyway, I'm starving. What's for breakfast."
"Waffles and eggs." Thatch answered.
"I'll make sure to serve you first (y/n)-chwan."
"Thank you Sanji."
I'm sure they didn't believe us but at least for now, I was able to get them off my back about meeting my family. Breakfast was delicious but loud as usual. To be honest it's what I've been use to all my life. After eating, we all packed our bags and headed back to the city. Well everyone but Thatch, and those who came with him. They were staying for another day or so since they came later then we did. I'm not sure how but Luffy ended up on the wheel. He was driving like an absolute maniac. He was way past the speed limit which would not have been bad if he wasn't making crazy turns and swirling through lanes without a care about the other cars.
"Why did we let Luffy behind the wheel!!" I asked loudly.
"I don't even know!" Ace yelled back. He sat on the front with Luffy and Sabo sat in the back with me.
"Luffy slow down!" Sabo yelled.
"No way! It's more fun faster! Let's go faster!!!!" He pressed the engine even harder making the car soon forward. Luffy switched lanes with no warnings for every car going to slow for him.
"I didn't think I would go out this way!" Sabo said.
"Neither did I. It was a nice life!" Before I knew it, there was a red light coming up.
"Luffy!! Red light! Stop! Stop!!" Ace warned.
"That means I can keep going right?" Luffy asked.
"No that means stop!" Ace answered.
"STOP!!!!!!" The brother yelled. Luffy stomped on the brakes making Sabo and I slam onto the back of Ace and Luffy's seats.
"That's it. I'm driving." Ace said while unbuckling his seat belt.
"What?! But I want to keep driving! I was doing good!"
"Like hell you were. You're just lucky we didn't get pulled over." Luffy wasn't moving so Ace forcefully grabbed him and threw him behind the seat onto my lap and went into the driver's seat. Sabo then climbed to the front sitting on the passenger's seat as Luffy complained the entire time about not being able to drive while he made his way to sit next to me.
"It's not fair."
"And I thought I was a bad driver." When the light turned green Ace moved the car at the normal speed limit and made sure to follow the rules. Everything was fine when suddenly the driver fell asleep.
"Ace wake up!!" Sabo yelled. "Come on, not when you're driving!"
"You have got to be kidding me." I facepalmed. The car began to drift onto the other side of the road and Sabo was forced to grab the wheel to turn the car before it hit someone else.
"Wohoo! This is fun!" Luffy cheered.
"I'm so dead!"
"Ace wake up!!" Sabo and I yelled but the man was knocked out. Sabo was trying his best to get us back onto our side of the road when Ace finally woke up.
"What's going on?"
"Grab the wheel!!!" Sabo yelled.
"Why do you look so scared?"
"Just grab the wheel!" He repeated.
"Oh, I'm driving!" He grabbed them wheel and places back properly on the road. At the next red light we made another seating change. Sabo took the wheel and Ace sat in the passenger's seat. Only when Sabo took the shell were things normal and I didn't think I was about to die. It took a while but eventually we made it to my house. I pulled my things out of the truck and waved them a farewell before entering my house. The moment Mizuka and I entered the door we were both attacked by hugs. Sakura jumped on Mizuka and Sho tried jumping on me but I dodged him.
"Hey guys." I greeted ignoring Sho who was on the floor.
"How was your trip?" Arata asked.
"It was a lot of fun. Nami's house was really big and she even had a pool."
"A pool?!" Sho exclaimed jumping back to life. He had a nosebleed but I don't think it was from the fall. It's probably from whatever his dirty mind was imagining right now. "Did you take pictures?"
"Actually now that you ask I think we did take pictures." I noticed that both he and Sakura got excited. "But I think that Nami has the pictures." My brother and sister suddenly got disappointed but I ignored them as I made my way up to my room. "Today was a lot of fun wasn't I?" I asked.
"Yeah." Mizuka answered climbing on the bed with me. "Do you think we'll do that again someday?"
"I'm sure we will. With them, there will always be an adventure."