101 : Hunji City

Chapter 101

HunJi city

When the last ray of light drops below the horizon, and the whole world is in darkness, You XiaoMo finally wakes up. He stands up and stretches himself and just when he wants to break out a yawn, a beaming handsome face appears in front of his eyes.

Although this type of situation has happened before, he still jumps in fright, his body toppling backwards abruptly. Just when he is about to fall off the chair, the owner of that handsome face stretches out his hand and grabs his collar, pulling him up.

"Little brother, why are you so clumsy ne?"

Ling Xiao speaks softly by his ear.

You XiaoMo's soul still hasn't calmed down when he takes a breath and glares at him, "If you don't frighten me, I wouldn't be so clumsy."

Ling Xiao brings him to his side, smiling while speaking, "How could I frighten you? Clearly, you are the one who was sleeping, so you can't blame me."

You XiaoMo exclaims *ah*. He just remembers that he was transcribing magic pill formulas before he fell asleep. Lowering his head to take a look, he doesn't see the ten or so pieces of paper that he finished transcribing before. When he fails to find them after looking under the table, he can't help but widen his eyes, "The magic pill formulas I transcribed ne?"

"Little brother, are you talking about this ah?"

Ling Xiao lifts up the pile of paper in his hands. They are the ones he picked up from the floor before. The topmost piece is a little wrinkled, as if stained by something wet.

You XiaoMo stretches his hand wanting to snatch them back but Ling Xiao raises his hand causing him to come up empty.

Ling Xiao crosses his legs, flipping through the sheets of paper while mocking, "Little brother, your calligraphy really made be see things in a new light ah!"

You XiaoMo shifts his gaze uneasily, two tell-tale pink spots appearing on his cheeks.

Of course he knows that his calligraphy is too terrible to look at. But he can't help it. Who asked him to have never written with a brush before? If he has a fountain pen or a ball point pen, he would be able to write acceptable-looking characters.

"There is something I'm very curious about. I wonder if Little brother can help explain it. If you can satisfy me, I will help you transcribe these magic pill formulas. How about it?"

Ling Xiao throws the stack of paper in his hand onto the table. Then he picks up another stack of paper and waves them in front of his face.

You XiaoMo was just looking all over the place awkwardly when he sees Ling Xiao bring out a stack of papers. He looks over in surprise and sees neat and orderly characters written in beautiful handwriting. His eyes gleam suddenly when he thinks of another thing. He asks doubtfully, "Elder brother Ling, did you write these?"

"If it wasn't me, then don't tell me it was you?"

Ling Xiao casts a sidelong glance at him as he retorts.

"But ....... I remember that you said you haven't written for a long time, so ....... "

You XiaoMo rubs his nose. He still remembers the characters from when Ling Xiao transcribed the Heavenly Soul Scroll for him. At that time, his calligraphy was just like his now. It can also be described as too terrible to look at. So the sudden appearance of this beautiful handwriting, makes him doubt that this is really written by him.

Ling Xiao angrily raps him on the head, "That was before."

Ever since he showed his ugly handwriting, in order to not embarrass himself in front of You XiaoMo again, he deliberately found time to practice writing again. These magic pill formulas were just written by him based on what You XiaoMo transcribed.