54 : Spot On the List

Chapter 54

Spot on the list

"I heard Uncle Zhao say that you didn't refine many magic pills this month. Did something happen?"

Kong Wen looks at him calmly, his eyes falling onto his right foot. Seeing that he is walking normally, he doesn't bring it up and just brings up the issue of refining magic pills. Since he is his Master, this is also quite reasonable.

You XiaoMo had long ago prepared himself mentally for this. After all, he refined much less magic pills this month compared to last month. In fact, it's not even half. Putting aside the doubts of Uncle Zhao, Kong Wen as his Master must have even more doubts since it's very likely that Kong Wen accepted him as a disciple because of this issue.

You XiaoMo had already thought up his excuse, immediately saying respectfully: "Master, before this, your disciple went overboard with refining magic pills. The result is there was not strength left even though the will is there. Your disciple is worried that the body wouldn't be able to take it so decided to slow down a little."

Refining over one hundred magic pills in a day is just too uncommon. Now that he has slowed down, he finds a convenient excuse.

Kong Wen also doesn't suspect him, nodding while saying: "When refining magic pills, one must be sure to move ahead steadily and strike sure blows. This you must be sure to remember from now on."

"Disciple will sincerely follow Master's guidance!"

You XiaoMo is all respectful and earnest.

Kong Wen nods in satisfaction, then lets him sit at the lowest position below him. This is arranged according to seniority. You XiaoMo is the newest disciple and also the youngest. Above him are all older brothers and sisters. It's reasonable that he should sit at the last position.

Before long, Second brother Fu ZiLin arrives.

Although letting his brothers and Master wait for him seems a little self-important, but everyone more or less understands his character. No one seated shows any sign of displeasure, including the one who usually makes thoughtless remarks, Zhao DaZhou.

But Fu ZiLin actually has the qualifications to let others wait. Not mentioning the fact that he is a level four mage, it seems that this time down the mountain, he brought some good things for Master.

You XiaoMo cranes his neck and peeps outwards. He sees a black figure stepping steadily over the threshold. The first impression he gets is one as cold as ice.

Fu ZiLin is very handsome. His facial features appear strongly etched. Deep features and a prominent nose, completely different from what he had in mind. He had thought that he would be pretty boy. He didn't think that he would actually be such a handsome young man, and basically a human-type air-conditioner. This type of person if you put him next to Elder brother, you would definitely not think that he is younger than Elder brother by two years.

You XiaoMo observes that since Fu ZiLin stepped inside, he only looked towards Elder brother, Master, and the other Uncles. As for his other younger brothers, he seems to overlook them completely.

"Master, your disciple is back!" Fu ZiLin bows with cupped hands as he speaks in a cold and firm voice.

Kong Wen doesn't ask him to account for his lateness because this Second disciple is not someone who would come late without a serious reason. He simply nods and lets him take his place.

Seeing that everyone has arrived, Uncle Zhao nods towards Master.

The reason for this gathering is to discuss an important matter. I'm sure you all know that the warrior division will soon hold their grand annual friendly competition. Although it is a friendly competition, it is considered a grand event for TianXin sect, so the Grand Master of course is taking this competition seriously. The ones that went last year were ChenLe, Wu Yan and Mao Can. This year, you all discuss among yourselves who will be the ones to go!"