40 : Four Days

Chapter 40

Four days

You XiaoMo doesn't know who he is so he just nods his head.

That person also doesn't beat around the bush, "Lin Xiao asked me to get a message to you. These few days he is out on assignment. He will look for you when he gets back. So you don't have to worry!"

You XiaoMo blushes. He understands the first part but what does the last part mean? What not to worry? When did he worry about that fellow? Simply making something out of nothing.

Not waiting for him to speak, that person continues speaking.

"And also, he wants you to prepare the quantity for these five days. When the time comes, he will come to collect them altogether. So you should not be lazy."

So this is the important point ba! You XiaoMo can't help but roll his eyes. He doesn't need to be told that. Especially since he has never been lazy. On top of that, he is now Kong Wen's disciple. If he were to make his Master lose face, it wouldn't be good for him.

"I understand. Thank you for coming over." Inwardly cursing over and over, You XiaoMo still politely thanks him.

That person gives him a look. A handsome face that is as cold as ice. He says flatly: "You don't have to thank me. Elder brother asked me to come. I did not come here especially for you. Furthermore, even though I don't know what kind of agreement you have with Elder brother, I hope you will stay far away from Elder brother. Being together with him will bring you no good."

Soulmate na. You XiaoMo almost rushes over to grasp his hand. Ling Xiao that scum. Getting involved with him not only does him no good, he also gets bossed around. Not even a bit of personal freedom.

It's too bad he can't tell this young man that Ling Xiao is already not the Elder brother you know. He is only an imitation, nothing more. So the one that will not benefit from being together with Ling Xiao includes him as well. But this is the first time someone so kindly warns him about getting near to Ling Xiao. It's also the first time someone looks at him without judgement. You XiaoMo can tell that this person is simply warning him. There is no sign of contempt or disdain unlike the others.

Thinking of this, You XiaoMo smiles at him, saying earnestly: "Thank you for your sincere advice!"

That person clearly did not expect that he would thank him so sincerely, so he is momentarily stunned. Normally wouldn't someone get angry when they hear this? But he doesn't plan to ask him this. He just looks at him carefully for a moment before leaving. This person seems to be different from those who have approached him or Elder brother before!

After closing the door, You XiaoMo jumps in excitement. Thinking of how he won't have to see Ling Xiao for some time, he feels especially good. Furthermore he is full of enthusiasm from listening to Master Kong Wen for two hours so he is full of energy. Taking out the cauldron, and with the remaining magic herbs from yesterday, You XiaoMo starts to refine magic pills in high spirits.

Since he doesn't know how long Ling Xiao will be away, You XiaoMo decides to store up two days worth. This will save him from trouble if Ling Xiao suddenly comes back.

Maybe it's due to his good mood, or maybe because good things have been happening to him in a row, You XiaoMo's speed in refining magic pills is faster than yesterday. Before, he could only refine ten relatively good quality level one magic pills in two hours. Now he can refine fifteen.

Furthermore, You XiaoMo discovers that his soul force is stronger than yesterday. Even though it is not very obvious, it is still noticeable. Looks like this is the difference between having and not having alchemical techniques.