95 : Assessment [II]

Chapter 95

Assessment (II)

The stone platforms are half a meter wide and a meter high. Much like the stone platforms that You XiaoMo saw in the Stone room of the Hall of Enchanted Herbs.

But the stone platforms here are a little higher. Nine stone platforms means nine people will be tested each time. Adding up the three major peaks is seventy two people, exactly eight rounds, not more, not less.

Then that Senior starts to call out the numbers. Each one that gets called will have to go stand in front of a stone platform. Because there are only nine stone platforms, each peak has three people going up.

The first group of people gets called up very quickly. The three Earth peak disciples stand in front of the three rightmost stone platforms. You XiaoMo doesn't recognize the other six but it's very easy to figure out the ones from Heaven peak. They are the ones with their heads held very high looking rather arrogant.

Then a young man brings a hourglass and places it in front of everyone.

The hourglass is filled with fine sand. The young man turns it over and puts it on the table. The fine sand starts to trickle down bit by bit. This is something TianXin sect uses to mark the passage of time. When all the fine sand goes to the bottom, that means the time for the first group is over.

You XiaoMo only finds out now that there is a time limit to the assessment. Luckily his preparations are relatively thorough. Otherwise, his state of mind would probably be affected by the hourglass. He can see that a few disciples are already eyeing the hourglass nervously.

With the start of the assessment, the nine disciples start to pick up the magic herbs that have been prepared for them on the stone platform.

Refining magic pills is a dull and uninteresting process but refining one level two magic pill doesn't require much time.

When the last grain of sand falls through, the first round is over. Nine magic pills are brought up one by one for inspection. Not every fully-formed magic pill is good. Some magic pills could have suffered some errors during the blending step making them worthless. So it is necessary to check if the magic pills are effective.

You XiaoMo is standing at the back so he can't see clearly what is happening up front. So he has no choice but to stand on tiptoe. But by the time he can see clearly, the inspection is already over. Among the nine disciples, some are in high spirits, some are dejected, some even look like they are about to cry. And the one that is about to cry is a disciple from Earth peak.

When the three disciples come back, Kong Wen indifferently says some words of consolation and encouragement. Up front, the second round starts up.

Looking at other people refining magic pills is a very boring matter. But there are some benefits. One can observe the techniques and actions others use when refining magic pills. Learning from this experience is also quite beneficial so You XiaoMo sticks his head out and looks around with keen interest.

After the second group is the third group, that is the number seven to nine group.

You XiaoMo confirms the number on the tablet in his hand and hearing the Senior call out number seven, he calms down his heart and walks up together with the other two disciples. He stands in front of the seventh stone platform. From up close, he can now see what is on the stone platform.

There is a black cauldron in the middle of the stone platform. In front of the cauldron are three types of magic herbs for one magic pill. Altogether, there is enough for two pills of the same type. The implication is that if both portions are used up and no magic pill is produced, that means it's a failure. You XiaoMo picks up the magic herbs and looks at them. These magic herbs are actually magic herbs used to refine the Reserve energy magic pill.