Chapter 47: From the Cold Eastern Realm

Celia's POV:

"She's not coming to work?" I asked to the lady behind the information desk.

"Yes, Doctor Vanderwood is on leave for Christmas and New Year. Do you have appointment with her? I can arrange new schedule with another doctor," she stared at my backpack.

Her friend who was eyeing me from sneakers until my hoodie, said something to her.

"Are you coming for medical assistance, Sweetheart? Where's your parents or guardian?" she asked again in friendlier tone.

I shook my head, "I came for personal reason. May I have her phone number?"

She sighed, "I'm afraid, I can't, Sweetheart, but she will return in a week," she told.

"She gave me her number, but I lost it," I told, "And I can't wait for another a week," I muttered in disappointment, "Thank you," I turned around.

"Wait, Miss! What's your name? You may leave message for her," the lady called me out and handed me over a black note.

She didn't even reply my email.

But I turned around and wrote my name anyway.

"Celia Laveaufrom Salem?" she confirmed, "How about leaving your number here, Sweetheart?" she pointed to the note.

I shook my head, "I don't have a phone."

Stupid me, why didn't I get one before runaway!

The lady seemed a little worry, "Well, it's quite late and cold out there now, where are you staying at?" she asked.

"Hostel at One-oh-sixth Street," I replied.

It took me seven-minute walk and twelve minutes on Metro to get here. In fact, it took me ten-minute walk from Nathaniel's to Newburyport Line, thirty minutes to Boston, four and half hours to Pennsylvania Station, eighteen minutes to the hostel, and sixteen minutes to get here.

And I've barely eaten and slept after leaving Salem.

"Look, if it's emergency, I can connect you with her assistant. Would you like so?" she asked.

I nodded and smiled, "Yes, please. Thank you, Ma'am."

She smiled back and pointed to my back, "You can sit there and I will call you after I get him on the phone, okay? And you may get some hot tea from the corner desk," she told.

I nodded, "Thank you, Ma'am," I widely smiled and directly went to sit across the desk.

What am I doing here? Do I really want to meet Doctor Kimberly or her man?

I removed my backpack from my back and hugged it, feeling drowsy, when noticing a pair of shiny black shoes in front of me. I looked up and my eyes met a brown-eyed man with dark suit standing in front of me.

"Miss Laveau?" he asked.

Oh, shoot. How did they find me this soon?

I quickly stood up and was about to run, but he grabbed me by my arms.

"Ma'am, help me!" I shouted at the two ladies behind the information desk.

"Stop it right there!" a man wearing security uniform came in my direction.

The dark-haired man in dark suit let go off my arms and faced him, while I was wearing my backpack, then running out of the lobby, heading southeast.

I'm not going back without meeting him!

I turned right and ran faster after seeing sign for subway station. When I went down the stairs, I almost fell avoiding body collision with someone who was standing in front of me. Two hands held my arms.