Chapter 12: The Vampire King

Adriana's POV:

"Where have you been, Alex?" I asked to my brother when he suddenly appeared in his study room.

He looked pale, so I asked for a goblet of blood for him to the servant through telepathy.

"What were you doing here, Adriana?" he sighed and sat on his seat behind his dalbergiawooden desk.

"I was looking for you, but you're not around. Where have you been for almost an hour, Alex?"

He seemed restless.

"Some errands," he replied, not wanting me to dig in.

I was worrying about him as the paleness indicated that he has traveled quite far and his aura was muddy blue, represented a fear.

How could it be?

I sighed and came over him. I wrapped my arms to his neck from behind.

"I was worrying about you, Alex," I muttered softly and kissed his hair.

He squirmed, "Not after you played me like the last time, Adriana. I meant it," he said coldly.

I whimpered, "My Dearest brother, I said sorry, didn't I? And I won't marry Cameron ever. He's much younger than me. Almost twice below my age," I pouted my lips and stomped my feet, going to the tufted sofa in front of the fireplace.

His eyes were softened, then smiling, "Just behave, Adriana. Please don't give me a headache. If you're going to wait for your love, so be it."

What he said was a bit odd. It didn't sound like him. I thought he was the last person who would bluntly say the L-word.

What has happened to him?

"So, where have you been, Alex?" I insisted to ask, I was genuinely more curious now.

I mean, he isn't the type to hide any secrets even if he is the reserved type. I could feel his mixed emotion flowing, depressing one.

He shook his head, "So, why did you look for me?"

I cleared my throat, "I was wondering if I could turn one of my human slave into vampire."

His eyes went piercing, "A human slave? Didn't you hate human? And I'm not the one who has authority for it, Adriana. You should ask to father and bring the request to The Council. You know that."

"I know, but you're the least of hate among us, so I ask for your opinion first," I told him.

"The least?" he laughed, "Who is he to you, Adriana?" he continued.

Oh, he thought it is about a man.

A servant came knocking and brought two golden goblets of blood for us. O negative. We drank it all at once, the servant took back the goblets and quietly left. His face started to get better, his paleness reduced significantly.

"And it is she, not he. She is a human child that I want her to be with me. She's just turned seven," I told him.

"You have frightening hobby like blood bathing, how could a human child could have a will to be a vampire?" he asked.

"Well, I think she want it too. She thought I'm like both angel and demon for her," I laughed.

"I don't think you have strong reason to turn her, Adriana. Just look for better reason otherwise just keep her as she is," he told me.

"You don't understand, Alex. Human ages and will die. I don't want her to get old. I want her to stay a child so that I could... pet her forever. She is the first human I like to keep," I told him.