Chapter 44: Seeing is Believing

Dylan's POV:

"I've been a little unwell," she muttered.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but really I didn't mean to harass you, Sarah. I certainly don't want Uncle Ben to know about this," I uttered.

"What do you want me to say, Dylan?" she asked, staring at me with her strangely cold green eyes, "I don't know her much nor hang out with her. To be frank, I'm a little upset that she dragged you into such deranged secret club, but I'm also worried, what if she's been kidnapped that night?" she continued.

Special Agent Fanning told me such possibility is widely opened.

"I asked her personally if she knew something fishy about Nicholas Mircea, but I didn't know that she knew about other interest," I told her, not mentioning about the project.

"So, you've been talking with NYPD?" she asked.

Just Detective Cole.

"Not officially, so my lawyers went to The Fed instead," I informed.

She nodded, "I hope they can find her and the hidden club," she muttered.

Or my team can.

I sighed, "Do you know Senator Erling in person?"

"Dylan, take my advice. Don't go through this. If you said, there were so many high profiled people involved, then she could be one of them too. Are you sure you want to expose yourself in dangerous position? C'mon, you didn't even go to Core anymore," she referred to an elite social club that I've been a member for several years.

"Too late, Sarah. I need to do this," I told her.

"What's your true motive? Don't give me that self-righteous bullshit," she took her cup and sipped her tea.

Her.

"I want to know the reason why I got the crash and three good people killed," I said.

"Not for the little doctor?" she stared at me.

Absolutely yes.

"No," I replied, "Well, probably some," I corrected.

"You're an awful liar, Dylan," she shook her head, "What makes her so special, getting four men like you guys so head over heels at the same time?" she sipped her tea again.

The purest beauty inside and out. Wait, four men?

"Who's the forth one?" I asked in confusion.

She raised her shoulders, "If she's a real catch, then it can't be just three of you, right?"

Detective Cole could be the forth one or even Patrick Madden.

I looked inside my tea cup, "About the valerian extract, do you know that it's not purely valerian?"

She shook her head, "Probably they add up some other ingredients, but I'm sure it's nothing harmful. Your uncle and I've been drinking for years," she said.

The herbal remedies must have something linked with them, otherwise they wouldn't steal any.

"Can I have the contacts? I mean, it's a good product, so I'd like to give it a check," I lied.

She grinned, "Sure. I'll text you later."

"Where is at exactly?" I asked.

"It's Würzburg," she replied.

"I'm about going to Germany on Thursday, so that will be perfect time," I responded.

To send some production crews to go there while I'm attending business meeting in Frankfurt.