Chapter 25: The Other Heart

Kimberly's POV:

"Doctor Vanderwood, we finally met again," the tall man with blue eyes whom I got body collision in front of Indian restaurant last week stood up and offered his hand, "Patrick Madden," he introduced himself as I came over him to shake his hand.

Did he say Patrick Madden? The same man Dylan mentioned last night?

"Kimberly Vanderwood," I replied with an awkward smile, "I'm sorry for my late, the last surgery took longer than I expected," I politely nodded in the direction of the others.

Mr. Madden widely smiled and motioned me to sit across. My boss, Dr. Paul Henry got up and patted my shoulder before I came for shaking hands with him and three other people in the private room with a big window overlooking the bustling kitchen. As Dr. Henry's assistant told me before, our CCO, Dr. Williams was absent due to an urgent call, but our CEO and president attended the meeting instead, sitting next to Mr. Madden.

"Wait, did you know to each other before?" Adeline Khoury, Director of Media Relations, who was sitting among others looked to us alternatively.

I shook my head, "No," and took a seat next to her.

But at the same time, Mr. Madden said, "Yes."

I looked at Mr. Madden in confusion.

"We accidentally met on the street last week, Miss Khoury," Mr. Madden explained it to her.

"Well, Doctor Vanderwood, let's get straight to the point, shall we? We're calling you here to assign you with additional task, to be in Mr. Madden's hit television show on surgeon life," Dr. Stephan James, our CEO and president said.

"Surgeon on hospital life," Mr. Madden added and smiled at me.

Dr. James nodded and looked at Mr. Madden, "It's only for two episodes, right?"

"Yes, and the filming will take around two weeks," Mr. Madden said.

I probably showed a confused look, so Dr. Henry turned at me, "You'll be on that reality show, Meet The Surgeons, Kimberly," he told.

"Why is so sudden?" I asked to everyone.

"It was supposed to be Doctor Henry at first, but he will attend overseas conference next week and he recommended you instead and we think that you're the perfect one for this, don't you think, Patrick?" Dr. James turned to Mr. Madden.

"Yes, Sir. She is perfect," he smiled and gazed at me.

"But I don't know what to do in front of camera," I told Dr. James.

"You don't have to act, Doctor Vanderwood. Just do your things like usual and perhaps with some explanations and interviews, that's all," Mr. Madden cut in.

"You can do this, Kimberly," Dr. Henry smiled and nodded at me.

"You can, Doctor Vanderwood," Miss Khoury assured me.

"Well, I guess I will have to try my best," I smiled to everyone, trying to look confident.

"Great. Now let's get down to business," Mr. Madden gave a cue to his assistant to distribute some papers.

"Patrick, Paul and I will have to leave first, you should come along with your old man for some swings sometimes, we have tee time at Ferry Point this Sunday," Dr. James talked to Mr. Madden as they got up to the door with Dr. Henry.

His driver was one of the missing heart victims.

Mr. Madden, standing in the doorway, stole few glances while talking to Dr. James and Henry. I tried to read papers his assistant gave. It was a shooting schedule, a project plan of each day's shooting for the show production.