Chapter 10: Soaring Over Cataracta

Kimberly's POV:

I felt an instant amusement reading Alexander's message in less than five minutes after leaving the cemetery. I didn't open the message yet, but the message appeared on the screen when I was driving back to my apartment. I've never been to the Italian restaurant that Alexander mentioned. I thought he would bring me somewhere more private and quiet, so I would decline his choice, but he surprised me by his choice. The restaurant is located at East Harlem, only ten minutes away from my apartment, and it's famous as being fully booked through the year by regular customers and even some people tried to buy a reservation at auctions. He will pick me up at 06:00 p.m., so I still have enough time to go back and take a shower. I told him to wait for me downstairs later, as I don't feel comfortable about inviting him in.

I was sitting and staring at my phone, while he called me at 05:50 p.m. I picked up and told him I was coming down. I took a glance at my appearance on the mirror on my living room's wall, I was wearing a medium sleeve brown abstract-print chiffon dress with an olive tiny belt, I paired my look with dark olive suede long boots. I took my brown long coat and clutch, then walked out of my apartment. I was putting on my coat, thinking about to change my dress, as the doorman greeted me with wide smile, asking whether I am on a date. I didn't want to look overly dressed up, but I did. Then I saw him leaning at a black Maserati sedan. He took my hand, smiling, and kissed me on cheek.

"You look so beautiful, Kimberly," he whispered it on my ear, making me shuddered.

He looked strikingly handsome himself, with turtle neck grey cashmere sweater over his shirt, long grey coat, and dark grey pants. He styled his blonde a side hair neatly, with shiny green eyes and pale complexion, he is almost surreal.

"Likewise, Alexander," I smiled and blushed.

He opened the front passenger door, and closed it after I was sitting inside and he went to the driver seat.

"No more driver tonight?" I asked him softly, feeling glad that no one would hear or see my nervousness, but Alexander.

He looked at me in the eyes and smiled sweetly, "I want to be alone with you."

But you chose a noisy restaurant instead.

Thank God, though. Alexander gave me somewhat nervous feeling all the time.

"I thought you're going to decline if I take you somewhere romantic and private as this isn't a date," he said and took a glance at me.

He knew.

I looked away, biting my lips. I saw same symbol as the one in the limo on the headrests of the back seat. So, the interior was customized also, with nearly all black leather.

"What is this symbol, if I may ask?" I pointed to my headrest.

"It's a house symbol," he answered in short, but his jaw was clenched.

So, he doesn't like me to ask about his family, what else shouldn't I ask? His marital status?

Suddenly I felt a bit offended as we were kissed and now going out, but he seemed to not want me to ask about him.

Why did he take me out? Over curiosity only?

I looked at my fingers, unconsciously fidgeting. But it could be also mean that he is the member of some royal house, that would be probably the most logical answer. Canada has monarchy structure, so it does make sense. Still, none of his vehicle plate is assigned as diplomatic one.

Could he be a secret prince?

I almost laughed to my wild imagination.

"In time, you will know about me, only if you're really interested, Kimberly," he suddenly broke the silence, gazing at me.