Chapter 26: The Blue Hour

Kimberly's POV:

"Thank you, Doctor Vanderwood," Mr. Adebayo weakly said, but his dark eyes were lit.

"He will get better in no time," I told his wife who anxiously was standing in front of me, "Please let him get some rest, Mrs. Adebayo," I smiled at her.

Glenn whispered to me earlier that Mr. Adebayo has been continuously scolded by his wife during his hospitalization for having his affair disclosed. It was none of our business until I saw how she talked to him in harsh tone when I got into their room. Mr. Adebayo has just undergone lobectomy, he needs quality rest.

She sheepishly smiled and nodded, "Yes, Doctor Vanderwood. Thank you," she responded.

I nodded to her in sympathy, then walked out of the room with Glenn and two other nurses behind.

"Are we done, Glenn?" I asked, thinking that I have visited all of my patients on follow-up examination's list.

I smiled, feeling a relief knowing that all of my post-surgery and even outpatient patients were getting better with no complications.

It's such a rare good blessed day.

He nodded, "Yes, Doc," he said, "You have guest in your office now," he continued, with suspicious smirk.

I stopped and raised my eyebrows at him, "Who is that? Why didn't I get a note?" I curiously asked.

Cops? FBI?

My heart started to beat faster. I took a long exhale to calm myself.

He shrugged his shoulders, "I have to get Mr. Whitmore's blood-test result, Doc, I'll be back after," he said and walked away with other nurses.

"Thank you, Doctor Vanderwood," other nurses said before leaving.

I replied back and hurriedly went to my office then opened the door.

"Kimmy, you look great," Nicholas came holding my lower back and pulled me into his hug.

He closed my door by his foot and kissed my lips softly. I tried to break away from his hug, but his hands were too strong, so I gave in, but didn't kiss him back. As I opened my eyes, he was smirking with his blonde hair covered almost half of his face. He ran his fingers through his wavy hair.

God, he is so handsome.

"Nicholas, you startled me and this is such inappropriate behavior during working time," I sulked, pushed away his chest with my file folders, and went to my desk.

He lightly laughed, "You're done your work, Kimmy. I came to pick you up," he said.

I turned my body on him, wondering.

Did he know that I took a cab this morning?

I couldn't turn on the engine, so I already asked mechanics I knew to get the car and have it checked at the workshop.

"Why?" I curiously asked and put my folders on the table.

"I have to go to London for few days, so I'll take you out tonight," he coolly replied and took a seat in front of me.

That wasn't the answer I was looking for, but it triggered another question.

"Where to?" I asked.

"Violin cello duet," he answered.

I hopelessly bit my lips as he kept giving me mysterious replies. I could see that he was ready for formal event, in his black double-breasted cashmere coat with button placket detail and fancy designer-label shoes. He is obviously a Parisian chic kind of man. I was wondering what others might think, seeing this tall handsome man, dressed up like a model, in my office while they thought I was dating Dylan Knight. I sighed.