Chapter 11: The Rulers

Alexander's POV:

I called Andrei to go directly to LaGuardia International Airport to Dawsonville as I need to go there to witness the blood test by myself. The experiment will take almost five hours to complete and it will take four hours for Andrei to go back and forth, so I still have time for dinner with Kimberly, under his supervision as I previously read his hidden disapproval of my former plan to let me out using other guards. It's such a bummer because I can't teleport vampire with me.

I have just teleported to my lab when Andrei informed that Lord Adrian Frumos has been expecting me at LaGuardia for very important issue, so I teleported to my plane, surprised when seeing him standing still next to entrance. He gave me a bow.

"Your Highness."

"Lord Adrian, what did you have for me?" I asked him when I told him to follow me to the lounge area.

Andrei was sitting at the most corner couch. Adrian is step brother of Lady Veronika Frumos, my Uncle Thomas's wife. He is loyal to my father.

"I am sorry for the intrusion, Your Highness. I have just arrived from Alaska this morning. I must inform to you first about my discovery as the area is within yours. I went with some forensics, from humans and ours, to check the death of our kind in Tongass. He was no body, just a peasant on solo vacation, but I went there because Count Oleg Holmgard whom I know, specifically told me that the death was rather suspicious as he was burnt in his cabin. The human thought it was accident, but luckily the count thought differently and called me. I went there and found out there was a trace of dog hair," he explained.

I was stunned, "Are you sure about this, Lord Adrian?"

"Yes, Your Highness. I tested it myself, and I brought the specimens of the dog hair and the burnt body along so that we could have it retested ourselves."

"And by the smell of it, you think it's a werewolf?" I asked him.

"I am not familiar with the smell, Your Highness, forgive me. But it was definitely not common dog," he replied.

"Didn't they have extinct six hundred years ago, wiped off by my father? But if you found evidence of their kind, while they weren't immortal, it could only mean that they were still existing and reproducing the whole years, right under our nose!" I felt a rage started to rise, "Thank you, Lord Adrian."

I nodded to Adrian as a cue that I wanted to be alone. Adrian was surprised as I never expressed gratitude to anybody below me, not even to my siblings. Adrian gave me a light bow and walked away with Andrei who was covering his astonishment, to the middle section of the plane.

This information tensed me up. The DNA test is relatively simple and quick, but the only problem that we have to make sure the result is a hundred percent valid before I could bring the issue to the rulers meeting and depending the quality of the specimens, it could take days for the sequences of the entire genomes and other old genomes we have. This is my specialty as I am probably our most experienced biological-chemical-medicine scientist of our kind. But all I could think about is my date with Kimberly. How pathetic ruler I am now. I called Adrian to get me the specimens and also Andrei through telepathy to get me charger for my phone before my teleportation to my lab in Georgia.

Kimberly didn't answer my call and I have to start the sequence, so I texted her to inform that I have emergency errand in Georgia and will let her know when I will be back later. I hope by the time she finished her work, she will receive my birthday present. I wanted to give it to her by myself during dinner, as I personally picked the present after awaking the poor personal shopper to send me catalog to choose, but I was being more realistic as I won't probably return to New York City in a few days, so I hope the present could make up my cancelation. I have to do my work as soon as possible and hoping that the result won't be like our previous assumption otherwise I can't come back to Kimberly for even longer time. I don't think I can survive that long without seeing her.