Chapter 46: Bernese Oberland

Karlsson's POV:

"Why did you come here if you're not in the mood to be with me, my Lady?" I asked, feeling fully aroused.

It was near-blizzard condition out there and here she is, in front of me, gracefully sitting in her black dress, looking beautiful and confident.

How fucking lucky the crown prince is.

And I still remembered when I was inside of her for her first time and many times after, just before the crown prince stole her from me. As a born vampire, her body naturally seals back its torn hymen, treating it as wound.

Still, I should have been counted as her first man.

I couldn't believe she responded to the letter I sent and even called me first. I got a thrill, knowing that I was playing with extremely dangerous fire.

"Don't be obscene, my Lord. Can't I meet an old friend?" she asked, taking a seat and gave me motion to sit across.

Fucking friend?

I sighed and took a seat, "You've been here for a night, yet we didn't talk like any friends," I told, feeling confused.

Unless she has another agenda.

"I miss you, my Lady. I have always missed you for all of these times," I told, staring into her beautiful eyes.

She stared back at me and then laughed.

The hell?

"Henry, you've been always a womanizer even when we're together. Don't act ridiculous. I'm here for a business preposition," she told.

In my winter house, thousand miles from both of our homes?

"Like your business with Count Molnár?" I asked, couldn't hide my jealousy over their close relationship.

I saw the way they interacted in Paris.

"Don't be rude, Henry. I'm no longer Madeline Boyar. I'm with the house of Mircea and your future queen," she hissed at me.

She pulled out the fucking card.

I put my left hand over my chest, "Forgive me, my Lady, but what kind of business that I can help you with?" I curiously asked with formal tone.

I will kill for her.

Before she spoke, I was choked up into the air and thrown out against the glass windows. The shattered glasses cut my skin and the snows were stained by my blood. I got up and finally saw the crown prince, standing in front of Madeline. I quickly kneeled.

I'm a dead meat.

<Leave now> he surprised me.

I kneeled in confusion.

"Your Highness," I lowered my head and dared myself to open my mouth.

Madeline's POV:

"Leave now," I whispered in terrified.

Before he changed his mind.

Lord Karlsson got up and quickly fled after bowing to us.

"Your Highness, it was not like what it seemed," I started making excuse, but he already knew what I was thinking, so I lowered my head and desperately kneeled before him, "Your Highness, I am guilty just to be here, but we did not do something indecent," I begged, couldn't hold crying my eyes out.