Chapter 33: Love is (Not) to Hurt

Lewis's POV:

"Seb?" I asked, staring in shock seeing his eyes were glowing slightly red in the dimly light and I couldn't move my body, "What... are you?" I stuttered.

Suddenly he lunged forward and stabbed my chest while showing his white teeth.

Fangs!

<What a waste of blood bag> as if he whispered in my ear.

"Se... bastian," I groaned, feeling painful sharp object entering my chest deeper.

I tried to hold it and saw that it was my own kitchen knife.

When did he take it?

I tried to ask 'why', but choking on my own blood, so I coughed it up couple times and fell on the floor.

I couldn't breathe! Maybe inviting Doctor Vanderwood to my apartment for dinner was the wrong idea, instead of her, Sebastian, my new cameraman came ringing the doorbell.

Suddenly I felt stinging coldness bit my skin while my chest was burning inside and I was swallowed in the silent darkness.

Kimberly's POV:

"It's a wrap!" Lewis clapped his hand, "Good job, everyone!" he smiled widely.

I blew my breath, wishing that he could use lower tone as we were still standing inside the OR, although the patient has been moved to the recovery room. Everyone shook hands and thanked to each other.

"Doctor Vanderwood, you did amazing," he came to me and offered his hand.

He shook my damp hands warmly with big smile upon his face. The director is early forty and he took his job well, but somehow his stare made me uncomfortable. I caught him checking on me several times soon after the camera rolled off. That was the reason I took my break alone when I had the time.

"Thank you, Mr. Lewis," I smiled, feeling relief it was over way sooner than previous schedule.

The OR and my office will finally get back to normal state, not in hot mess like current moment.

"I told you to call me Doug. You see, my camera does love you. You should be on screen more often," he stared at me with a grin, scratching my palm with his fingers.

I quickly released his hands and awkwardly smiled, "Good luck with the editing, Mr. Lewis. Please excuse me, but I have to meet Doctor Henry."

I previously annoyed him by rejecting his idea of dragging Dylan's surgery into the interview session. I just didn't like the idea of bringing the unsolved missing heart case into the discussion. I politely nodded and walked out of the OR when noticing one of the tall camera man was standing in my way.

"Excuse me," I looked up.

He didn't smile a bit, but moved aside. He is a pale handsome man who kept using his dark sunglasses even though the shooting was indoor or in the evening. He reminded me of Alexander and Nicholas's bodyguards.

"Doc, it's this way," Glenn reminded me.

I stopped and changed my direction, "Oh, sorry," I sheepishly mumbled.

Glenn walked with me with curious look, "What's wrong, Doc? Are you sad because the shooting was over a lot faster?" he joked.

I shook my head, not in the mood with his joke.

"My mom," I sighed.

I didn't lie, mom kept calling every single day since she was in the hospital, asking me to show her the promise ring because Nicholas told her.