Chapter 4: The Intrusion

Kimberly's POV:

After meeting with Dylan, I called Glenn to recheck my schedule, as I wasn't assigned for any surgery until the next morning, I went home straight, with a smile upon my lips. I couldn't believe that Dylan Knight asked me out, despite the whole unfortunate situation he was dealing with.

Oh, my God.

I already saved his number into my phone contacts, but I have no guts to contact him first. I'm not the one to chase and I don't know what I was truly feeling whether exciting because Dylan is indeed so handsome in person and filthy rich, or because I simply like his adorable personality, sweet, funny, and direct. His unique brown spot of sectoral heterochromia on his left eye even added more charming look.

He is perfect.

He seems to have perfect family as well. I could see we were attracted to each other, at least physically as it's way too early to tell if it's more than that. I knew he was single for half a year, I even googled him briefly soon after getting out of his room, but that didn't mean he didn't date as so many articles featured him with some beautiful women in several functions after his relationship fell apart. I just don't do casual ship, never and won't ever be, so I'm worry that he will get disappointment after realizing that I'm not available for more than making out. I sighed and parked my car in parallel next to sidewalk.

"Doctor Vanderwood?" I turned my head hearing a male voice calling at me when about taking steps to enter the lobby.

It's the younger NYPD detective. Tall, brown hair, and cute chin dimple with apparently, beautiful black eyes. His eyes were so black, yet mesmerizing. He was wearing dark grey suits over his white shirt and stripe tie.

"Yes?" I stepped down the stairs.

He sheepishly smiled, probably knowing that I forgot his name.

"I'm Detective Cole?" he reminded me, "Edward Cole. Do you need a hand?" he asked, seeing me bringing handbag, computer sling bag, a big plastic bag contained several gifts from my colleagues, and hugged some flower bouquets.

"Oh, no, I'm good. Thank you. Sorry. How do you know where I live?" I was dumbfounded before reminding myself that he is indeed a cop.

Detective Cole smiled, "Got a minute, Doc?" he asked.

I looked at my watch, "I'm really sorry, but I have an appointment soon," I told him, "I'm not lying," I said again, smiling.

"Well, lying to police officer is obstruction of justice, Doc," he said, staring at the bouquets and me.

I tensed, staring at him, but he smiled widely, so I just realized that he was kidding me. I awkwardly laughed.

"Sorry, bad joke," he muttered low, almost like regretting.

"What can I do for you, Detective?" I asked him.

He took a glance at the entrance behind me and gazed at me.

"I'll be just quick. I only want to know whether you probably have specific things to share regarding the accident involving Mr. Knight?" he asked.

"I thought Doctor Walker had made statement and you probably have got the preliminary autopsy reports by now?" I asked him back, suddenly I was feeling anxious.

Could he know that I went to see the bodies?

He stared at me deeply, "So you didn't find anything weird that you probably forgot to tell?"

Oh, crap. He knew. Someone should tell him.

I tried hard to maintain cool emotion, "Not that I remember, Detective," I replied.