Chapter 52: Eternally Yours

Cole's POV:

"Senator Knight, do you think the satanic cult is related to the missing hearts case and the recent murders?" Miss Rowland asked the senator.

Mrs. Knight was standing far behind, wearing dark sunglasses, so I couldn't see her eyes. Her hair colour is completely different with Elena Ragnhild. She has just finished taking interview and photoshoot with her husband, Mayor Roth and his wife. Senator Knight came as political support for Mayor Roth who intends to run for his second term of mayoral election in June.

But I have a gut feeling that she was the woman who met me that night.

Her height, skin, facial feature, and voice couldn't be wrong. She didn't appear on many formal occasions, but when she did, she would steal the attention with her graceful look and style. Sarah Frumos had been living in Europe for years before coming back here and marrying newly elected Senator Benjamin Knight only six months after he lost his wife over a tragic ski fall at Aspen. Senator Knight has been left with three young kids, so his second rush marriage didn't spark anything but good publication.    

"Detective Cole, the lady would like to meet you. Please follow me," suddenly one of security personnel that has been always with her asked me.

I nodded, waiting for anticipation.

She probably has noticed me.

The man led me out of the press conference room to a garden walkway before turning sharp to enter an opened black sedan parking on the mansion's driveway with turning on engine. I got in the backseat of the car and the security closed the door. After waiting for about three minutes, the door was opened and she got in the backseat with me. The car was leaving the Gracie Mansion soon after she got inside.

She smells vanilla.

The same scent as Elena Ragnhild I met.

She removed her sunglasses and stared at me with her green eyes, "May I help you, Detective Cole?" she calmly asked.

I politely nodded, "Thank you for meeting me in private, Mrs. Knight. I didn't think that you would meet me," I smiled, " Not after our last meeting," I added, trying to remind her.

She raised her eyebrow, "You didn't tell Dylan that you're going to see me," she said.

It's not like I don't trust him, but I just couldn't tell him without legit proof.

Hey, I made out with your aunt.

It wouldn't work that way, plus she's high profile one.

"Look, Edward. May I call you so?" she asked me and I nodded, "Why don't you just do your current task and leave me alone? I like you and I certainly hate to see you... getting hurt," she lightly touched my hand and smirked.

Is that a threat?

"Mrs. Knight, now that you have no intention to beat around the bush, may I ask you why did you meet me as Miss Ragnhild and what's your relation with her?" I asked.

"Do you still take your herbal supplement, Edward?" she asked, looking at her long blood red nails.

How did she know? Did Dylan tell her?

"Would you please answer to my questions, Mrs. Knight?" I asked impatiently.

"I'll tell you what," she smirked and leaned forward, "I'll tell you everything you want to know if you let me fuck you," she whispered in my ear.

I instantly reached for my gun, reminding myself that I'm armed and lethal.

Nicholas's POV: