Part 44

Ruby

She walks out of her room and leaves me there speechless. I never thought that I had hurt her so badly. I never thought that I was one of the reasons why she left town. I was such an idiot! I can feel my heart racing and I am replaying every moment that we shared together. I can feel tears running down my face. I hate myself for the way I've treated her back then. For not hearing her out. For not giving her a chance and treating her like the Evil Queen even though she's already changed so much even then. I cant lose her again. Her leaving Storybrook all those weeks ago made me realize how much I need her. How much I need to hear her voice. How much I need her to trust me with her darkest secrets. How much I need to have her close. How much I need to see her. How much I am missing her when she isn't around. I can't let her go again. I need to make things right.
I am starting to take a step towards the door to leave her room but quickly stop and turn around. I am looking through her room until I can hear a small thumping underneath her bed. I kneel down to look underneath it when I spot the box. I pull it out and quickly realize that I found what I was looking for. I run my hand over the beautiful box. It's black with a silver pattern on it which reminds me of the wall in Reginas office. My eyes travel over the box while debating with myself if what I am about to do is a good idea. Or if I should do what Regina told me to and leave her alone.
Lets be honest, I could never leave her alone. Oh to hell with what Regina tells me to do. I was never good at listening anyways.

I am so sorry for not updating sooner. But the past couple of weeks havent been the easiest ones for me. I just wanted to thank you guys for reading the story and especially for continuing to read it. You guys are the best. I never thought that people would read it and actually like it. So thank you so much!!! Cant wait to hear what you are thinking of this chapter.
So as always, I hope you like it and let me know what you think! xoxo