Part 21

On the ship.

"Really mother? The docks? Couldn't you have chosen something more... cleaner?" I ask her as I confidently walk on that excuse of a ship and through the door into the room where she holds Henry captive. My poor baby boy.

"Well I had to hide somewhere." She answers and I can hear the smile on her lips while talking with the back of her head. She slowly turns around but still blocks the view on Henry.

"That is so beneath the Queen of Hearts." I shake my head in disapproval. Hoping to annoy her a little bit. Seeing the annoyed look on her face makes my confidence grow a little bit.

"But enough with the chit chat. Give me my son!" I demand.

She smiles while stepping aside and I can feel goosebumps appearing on my skin. I can finally see Henry sitting on a chair looking horrified.

"Mom!" He exclaims. In this moment, I silently vow to him and to myself that he will get out of here no matter what happens to me.

"Regina" Cora says proudly. "You came."

"Really mother? Did you honestly think I would leave my son with you?"

"Well it took you a while to get here I must say. But you are forgiven."

"Thank you, Mother. Now I can die in piece." I say sarcastically.

Her smile fades and her face gets stone cold.

"No one is going to die. Except maybe your son but his fate is in your hands."

I roll my eyes at that although my heartbeat rice's drastically.

"What do you want mother?" I ask her annoyed. Did it always take her that long to get to the point?

"The dagger and you. You are the only one who can get it and if I get one thing I get the other."

I raise my eyebrows for a second wondering what she wants with it. Hell no! Over my dead body I think to myself realizing what she wanted all along.

"You want to become The Dark One." I state with shock in my voice. Her face lights up, her lips form a smile and I am feeling sick to the stomach right now.

"My daughter knows me well."

I look on the floor pretending to think even though I try to get the courage to say the next words in front of Henry. I look him in the yes and try to put as much emotion in mine as I can. I am so sorry my little prince but it's for your own sake. I force my eyes away from my son and look back at my mother.

"Under two conditions. Number one you let Henry go and never threaten him again. Number two, when I got the dagger we will meet at the mansion and I will hand it to you! There is no way I am putting a foot on that dirty ship again! Deal?" I ask.

I look at Henry and can see the disappointment in his face. It's for him I remind myself. The look he is giving me breaks my heart and it takes everything in me to stick with the plan and not throw everything out the window and start a fight now. But that wouldn't turn out well. I look at her with my eyebrows raised in a silent question.

"Deal!"