Part 54

Henry

I watch as my mom loses consciousness and falls to the floor. I kneel down beside her. Tink and Snow sit down next to me, each on one side. As does Ruby across from me.

"Mom?" I shake her a little but she doesn't wake up. "What's wrong with her?" I ask worried feeling tears in my eyes.

"Mom, please. Wake up. I need you." I continue without letting someone answer my question. I can feel David's hand on my shoulder before being able to say another word.

"Henry." I hear Snow also squeezing my left forearm to get my attention. Once I look at her she moves her hand down to rest above my own. She looks straight into my eyes. I can see worry in hers but also love and relief.

"Her pulse is steady." She tells me as the first few tears make their way down my cheeks. She squeezes my hand and starts talking again.

"I think by putting her heart back all her emotions overwhelmed her." With her other hand she's wiping away the tears that keep on rolling down my cheeks. She glances back up at David who nods and makes his way to Ruby. Snow, Tink and Ruby get back on their feet while David bends down.

"Henry." He starts talking and I look at him.
"I am going to pick her up and carry her upstairs to her bed, okay? She needs rest and she'll be more comfortable there than on her couch."

"She's going to be okay though, right? I just got her back. I can't lose her again." My eyes finding their way back to my mom's face while talking to David. I sniff and try to wipe my tears away but it's no use. New ones are coming as soon as the old ones are gone. With my other hand I hold on to hers. Scared that if I let go she's going to disappear.

"Yes, she will be. The last couple of days were exhausting for her. Physically and most of all emotionally. Especially considering the fact that she hasn't eaten very much."

I look into his eyes and then back at my mom before giving him a nod. He carefully picks her up and I let go of her hand, getting back on my feet as well.

You have to be okay mom. I need you. I think to myself. I watch him carrying her upstairs and turn away from them. All of a sudden I feel someone hugging me before burying my face in their chest and instantly wrapping my hands around them. I can't hold it in anymore and I start to cry. I can feel them hugging me tighter. Another hand strokes my back trying to calm me down and another one is going through my hair. I squeeze the person hugging me a little and let it all out. Once I calmed down a little bit I look up to see Snows teary eyes and a watery smile. Looking to my left I see Ruby who's hand is in my hair. To my right is Tink with her hand on my back.

"She's going to be fine, Henry." I can hear Snow saying as I look back into her eyes.

"She's going to need some rest and some proper food." Tink starts and I can hear in her voice that she's fighting back tears of her own. Snow is slowly letting go of me so I look at her again.

"How about we make her something to eat? Something light that we'll bring her upstairs once she's awake?" I give a nod already thinking about all the things my mom likes and we could make while walking to the kitchen. I look behind me and see Tink and Ruby following me.

Snow

I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a second. I hear footsteps on the staircase and know that David is coming back. I look up to see him making his way down the last few stairs and stopping right in front of me.

"She's going to be okay." He tells me while taking my right hand and intertwining our fingers. His other hand finds his way to my cheek and I lean into his touch. He strokes it with his thumb for a bit before pulling me into his arms.

"She's going to be fine." He repeats. I nod my head even though I don't believe him.
I close my eyes for a second and can feel a tear running down my face. He kisses my head before backing away a little bit, so he can look me in the eyes.

"She's one of the strongest and most resilient person we know. She's going to be okay."
I don't know if he is saying this to reassure me or himself. We both know that she's going to be fine physically but mentally? Thats what we are both worried about. Maybe this was the last straw? Knowing a little bit about the way she grew up I know that she never wanted to end up like her mother. Not just the evil part but more importantly she never wanted to rip her own heart out. Especially once she became a mother herself. After everything she's been through and life has thrown at her... how much pain must she be in now, that she see's this as her only way to make it through the day?

"David." I start and he looks at me. I swallow the lump thats building in my throat before continuing to speak.

"Maybe she was right." He looks at me with a confused face not knowing what I am talking about.

"Maybe..." I start not believing what I am about to say. "Maybe she was right about..." I can't finish that sentence but I can see on his face that he knows what I am trying to say.

"Its not your fault Snow. We needed her. We couldn't defeat Cora without her which Regina told us as well multiple times." At that I have to chuckle a little bit.

"Also, all hell would have broken loose if she found out that Cora was in Storybrook and we didn't call her. Especially with Henry in town." He's right.

"How about we help in the kitchen? Maybe have some hot cocoa and talk to the others about what to do once she wakes up." He suggests.

"Sounds good. I am just going to call Emma and let her know that we are staying here for the rest of the day and maybe have dinner here as well." I finish the sentence with a questioning look not knowing if he wants to stay the whole day. I just know that I can't leave her. Even if she sleeps the whole time, I want to stay here. He smiles a small smile and kisses me deeply. I pull him in deeper needing him to reassure me that everything is going to be okay.

"Sounds like a plan." he tells me after we had to pull apart in need for air. He gives me an eskimo kiss with his nose. I smile a grateful smile at him and he leaves me to join the others in the kitchen. I take a deep breath before getting my phone out of my back pocket to call our daughter. The phone rings a few times and I am hoping that shes going to pick up.

First of all I am so sorry it took me so long. Life happened and 2023 wasn't easy. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter :) As always, thank you all so much for continuing to read this story. I am so thankful for each and single one of you. Let me know what you think. I wish you all the best.
(Just so you know a new chapter is already in the works.) :)