Rage

Since I had the day off, I put in some much needed time with my baby. I feel like my Symphy's been up under Chris so much that she was forgetting about me. I won't lie, it hurts hearing her tell me about all the fun she has with him. It's been just the two of us for so long, then Chris comes in the picture, and gets treated like the worlds best parent. Yup, I'm salty.

"Where to next cutie?" I ask laughing at her bouncing in her car seat.

"Park!" She yells. My baby wants to go to the park, then we're going to the park. We go from the slide, to the jungle gym, all the way to the swings. A girl with curly hair and chocolate skin starts to approach us.

"Hi cutie!" She squeals to Symphony who pouts. "You here with your daddy today?" I know damn well she sees me here, so that should tell her she's not with Chris.

"No, but my mommy is, she's the one pushing me on the swing." She says with her little three year old attitude. The girl looks up finally acknowledging me.

"Oh sorry I didn't see you there." She fakely smiles.

"I'm sure you didn't." I smile just as falsely. Symphony follows my lead sliding off the swing standing next to me.

"She looks nothing like you, I see straight Breezy in her." Breezy, there's that name again. I can't even begin to explain how tired I am of heardibg the girls at the club say 'Bitch think she something cause she dancing for Breezy.' or "She think she the shit now cause Breezy all up her ass." I don't even know why they call him that, and don't ask. I'm just tired of hearing the name. I don't even have time for this chick, I just smile walking away with Symphony. The drive home was quiet, but I kept getting this weird vibe. Like something just wasn't right. I carried my tired Pumpkin into our apartment. Sitting her on the couch next to me I turned the TV on watching reruns of Bring It! It was peaceful, just me and my cutie. The silence was disturbed by someone knocking, excuse me banging on my door. I opened it to see Draylon, he didn't look too happy for some reason.

"Hey bab..."

"You lying little hoe!" He yelled bursting into my apartment, slamming the door in the process.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Me? You're the one spreading your legs for every nigga, but me!" What is he talking about? I sat there quiet because I have no idea what's going on. "Yeah, I know about what you did at that club last night."

"I did my job last night." I argued pleading my case, whatever my case was.

"So your job is to fuck my brothers homeboy right in his face?!"

"I didn't fuck anybody!" I whisper yelled getting in his face. "Keep your voice down my daughter is right there sleeping."

"I'll keep my voice down when you keep your legs closed!" He yelled pushing me into one of the shelves in my living room.

"I never opened my legs to anybody."

"You're lying! My brother told me what you did to his boy, and you did it right in front of him. Didn't even try to hide it, what kind of bullshit is that?!"

"That's exactly what it is, bullshit! You're brother sat there, and let his friend touch me, bitch ass didn't even help me. He lied!" He was in my face again.

"Now you disrespecting my brother, he'd never lie to me unlike your thotin' ass!" He sent one strong kick to my stomach. I got up slowly, and drove my fist right into his face. His eyes became dark, his nostrils flared open, and I could see tints of red in his chocolate skin. Before I knew it I was wrestled to the ground with him on top of me. His closed fist made contact with my face.

"No!" I heard a little voice yell. I knew it was Symphony. I heard her tiny feet run towards Draylon, and her little fist hitting him.

"Get off my mommy!" It broke my heart having her see me get hurt, and hearing the sobs in her voice. Draylon pulled back swinging his arm knocking her across the room. Nah nigga, do what you want to me, but you leave my baby out of this. I kneed him in his groin making him roll off of me. Checking on Symphony I saw she had a small bruise on her back, and face. I attempted to scoop her up so we could leave, but I was pulled back by hair.

"Symphy, baby got your room." I said fighting the tears threatening to escape. I don't want my daughter to see me like this. Draylon yanked me up by my hair, making me face him just to push me back down. He dragged me through the hall making sure that I hit everything I passed. Then he dragged me into my room where the torture continued. God just please let me survive whatever he does to me after this.