First one

Since I know Ms. Dorothy isn't really fond of Draylon, Symphony is with me at Jamal's place getting ready. He said it was nothing fancy, so I went with a basic pair of acid wash skinny jeans, a cross back grey shirt, and my sandals. I let my hair stay down.

"Mommy, you look pretty." Symphony said from the door way of Jamal's room.

"Aww thanks baby. You ready to show everybody downstairs how I look?" She nodded her, taking my hand to lead me downstairs.

"And now my mommy." She said at the bottom of the stairs, moving to let me down.

"You look nice Cara."

"Thanks Mama Viv." A knock at the door got all of our attention, I answered the door coming face to face with Draylon.

"Damn." He mumbled, causing me to giggle. He came in to chat wiry everybody for a while, until it was time to go. Symphony stopped him first.

"You make sure you bring my Mommy back." She said sternly. He reassured he that he would, we passed Chris going out the door. Sliding into the seats of his car we pull off, the first place we pull into is a little burger joint like the old ones you see on TV. It had a jukebox, and even a little place to dance. A waitress who was in about her mid thirties sat us down at out table.

"So what made you say yes?" Draylon ask as we wait on our food to arrive.

"Jamal, I really don't do anything other than work, go to school, and take care of Symphy. So Jamal told me to take a chance, and have some fun."

"Really?" I nodded as a response, while picking at the little clear spinny thing with the straws in it. I'm nervous, I'm in a completely different element, this is worse than my first time on the pole.

"What's, wrong?"

"Huh?" I looked at him. "Oh, uh nothing."

"You looking all over the place like you nervous." Nigga if only you knew my stomach is in knots as we speak. "If I ain't no better I'd think this was your first date." I turned away ignoring his remark, finding the cars in the parking lot very interesting. But I could feel his stare burning the side of my face.

"Okay, it's my first date damnit." I confessed.

"What, you lying, how?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I've always been busy, never really had time for boys. Never even had a boyfriend." I picked up one of my fries eating it since our food had now arrived.

"Never had ya first kiss?"

"No I've had that, with Jamal. I've just never dated anyone." We left that alone, and continued eating our food, when we were done he pulled me leading me to the little checkerboard dance floor. I watched him pick a song on the jukebox, which just so happened to be Bed Peace by Jhene Aiko and Childish Gambino. His hands graced my waist, and my arms wrapped around his neck, we swayed for a while, it felt good to actually be dancing with my clothes on, and not being sexual for once. I stood at a distance of him still dancing until he pulled me closer.

"Don't worry, come closer ma." I put my head on his shoulder just letting him guide me. After dancing to a few more songs before we left, we ended up going to the park.

"Race you to the swings?" I said already in a running position.

"It's on." We took off from the parking lot to swings. Of course ya girl won. I sat it the swing pushing myself with my feet. Draylon got behind me, and pushed me on the swing set.

"You know, you're nothing like all the girls at school say you are." I turn my body sideways looking up at him.

"Oh really? What do they say?"

"Mostly that you stuck up, and think you're better than everybody. But now that I see how your life is I know you're not." I smiled, at him. Before I knew it I was blurting out something I never thought I'd tell anybody.

"I work at a strip club!" I covered my mouth immediately.

"What?" I shook my head as a way to say nothing. "No, it sounded like you said you work at a strip club."

"Because I did." I looked down fumbling with my hands.

"So that's why you so secretive. Look I ain't gonna judge you, especially since I know more than likely you doing it because of ya lil one." I smiled hopping off the swing, hugging him.

"Thank you for that." I kissed his cheek. We played around the park, until we noticed the time.

"Damn, it's eleven. Let me get you back to Jamal's house, I promised Symphony I'd bring you back home." We walk back to the car holding hands. We vibed to music all the way back to Jamal's place. Instead of me getting out on my own, Draylon opened the car door for me.

"I had fun," I say once we're at the door. "thank you." He inched closer to me his face barely away from mines. I closed my eyes at the feel of his lips on mine, I got lost in the kiss and forced myself to pull back.

"See you later." He said going back to his car. Using the spare key Jamal gave me I unlocked the door, and locked it back. I heard the tv so I figured everybody was in there, but I only saw Jamal's cousin, and surprisingly a sleeping Symphony next to him.

"Where's everybody at?" I asked reaching for Symphony.

"Aunt Viv, and Uncle Craig decided to spend a week by themselves so they're at a hotel. Jamal left about an hour ago, to do whatever." I nodded still reaching for my baby, but he didn't budge to let me get her.

"She's good right here."

"But she's my daughter, and I kinda don't trust you."

"But she does, she's been under me since Jay left. So like I said she good." The tone of his voice kinda scared me so rather than argue with him, and waking my baby up I went to Jamal's room to shower. Normally I'd sleep in a sports bra, and my leggings, but seeing as I'm going back downstairs with Jamal's cousin I settled on a pair of Jamal's basketball shorts and one of my tank tops. Making my way back downstairs I sit on the farthest end from the couch.

"I'm not gonna bite ma. It's okay to sit closer."

"No, I'm good." I continued to stare at Symphony still surprised that she was asleep even though everybody wasn't here. "How'd you get her to sleep?" I guess I surprised him cause he jumped a little.

"I didn't do anything really, she's been under me and Jamal since my aunt and uncle left. And when he left she stayed under me, then she asked if she could lay on me, an hour later she was sleep." I just stared she never does that over here, she stirred for a minute then got up going to the kitchen. Just as I was about to say something he signaled for me to be quiet. I watched her put a few grapes in a bowl, get a juice box, and eat at the kitchen table. When she was done she put her stuff away, laid back on Chris, and went back to sleep.

"The hell?" He shrugged.

"I don't know, she does that every time it's just us. How was the date?"

"Pretty good for my first one." He looked taken aback.

"First one, you never been on a date?" Damnit didn't I already discuss this once tonight.

"Yes, it was my first date, no I've never had a boyfriend, and yes I've kissed a guy before." I just chose to get everything out of the way.

"Damn, you kinda innocent ain't ya?"

"I guess so." We sat up for a few minutes watching TV until my eyes starting getting heavy. I picked up Symphony from beside, a still awake Chris so we could go lay down in Jamal's room.

"Thank you, for watching over her while I was gone." He nods, waving his hand.

"You good, she's a good kid." With that I took my baby upstairs where we both laid under the darkness of Jamal's room.