What Do You Want

I'm back at the club for work, I really don't wanna be here. I wanna be with my babies. I feel completely off right now, like something doesn't feel right. Chris and I are fine we've gotten a lot closer. I don't see how his ex could do that to him. He's a great father to Symphony, he would have been an even better father to his own child. Oh well, she missed out. The night at the club flies by quickly. Before I knew it I was back home in Chris' arms. He pulled me closer into him running his fingers across my stomach.

"You're back early." He spoke, sleep lacing his voice. Lawd it sounds so sexy. I lean into him taking in his Axe bodywash.

"Slow night, got to leave a little earlier." He hummed in content kissing my temple.

Another day in this hole they call school. I check with all of my teachers to make sure my grades are still good, they are. Shit, I work hard for my grades I want to make sure they're at the highest they can be. After the final bell rings I start making my way out to my car. Once I'm out of the the school parking lot I start my drive to pick up Symphy. Chris has some things to handle so instead of going straight home I'm gonna spend some time with my baby. Pulling up I see Symphony playing with her friends, just smiling, and laughing all over the place. She's got the most heartwarming smile ever. Getting out I go to the office to sign her out. She runs straight to me, clamping on to my leg.

"Mommy!" Her tiny voice yells my name happily. I hoist her up, resting her on my hip.

"Hey Mama's cutie." I tickle her causing her infectious laugh to begin in her little body. I buckle her up in her booster seat so we can begin or time together. I plug my phone into the auxiliary cord, and start my playlist. I smile at the first song to play.

Wake me up before you go, ooh I need a little more
Just a little more, a little more of your love
Wake me up before you go, ooh I need a little more
Just a little more, a little more of your love

"Daddy!" Symphony claps happily to the song playing. You heard her right Daddy, this is actually Chris singing. He has a bunch of songs that he recorded, and I have almost all of them on my phone. This one is actually my favorite, he calls it Little More (Royalty). It's one of his recent songs, he says he wrote it for Symphony. That's what makes it my favorite. He took his time to write a song about a little girl that hasn't even been in his life that long.

"Higher mommy!" My bundle of energy requested as I pushed her on the swing. I figured we would go to the park first, that's her favorite place. I know the next place she'll want to go to is Miss Lydia's, or Tutu Lady as she calls her. She likes to have tutus when she has her princess tea parties with her dolls. We leave there with at least four new tutus. The mall is next, she wants to shop for shoes. I felt like somebody was watching me, probably just me being paranoid. I watch Symphy kick her feet back and forth as she munches on a chicken nugget. We've done our shoe shopping, we're just grabbing a bite to eat before we go home.

"Um, hi can I help you?" I ask the girl staring way too hard at my sleeping toddler.

"That's her, isn't it? That's my little girl?" I look closer, like really pay attention to her. Realization hits me, she's Symphony's birth mother. I clutch my baby tighter to me.

"Yeah, that's her. Can I help you?" I repeat again sitting Symphony in her car seat, and strapping her in.

"I'm here to get her back." She smiled in my face.

"You're not serious right?" She continues to stand there with that dumbfound look on her face. This chick is serious.

"No, not happening. You are not getting my daughter."

"She's my daughter, I gave birth to her."

"That doesn't make you a mother. I take care of this little girl's every need, and she's happy. You're not getting her."

"I deserve to be the one she calls Mommy, not you! I'm her real mom, and I'm gonna get her back!"

"Lady, you're crazy! You didn't even want her, you threw her in the trash for God's sake! Stay away from my baby."

I quickly got in my car, and sped off. That bitch has lost it of she thinks she has any entitlement to my child. She gave her up, that little girl back there is mine. I was there when she said her first word, took her first steps, and had her first day of school. When she has her first heartbreak from some dumb teenage boy I'm gonna be the one she comes to for comfort, I'm going to be there for every detail in her life. No matter how big, or small the detail in her life is I will be there, because I'm her mother. I've been her mother since I was thirteen, and I found her crying behind those trashcans. Nothing is going to change that.