Chris and Breezy

Chris P.O.V.

My cousin's bestfriend just left, and damn she's bad. She plays video games, and she used to play football, where was she when I was in high school?

"Aye Jay?" I called turning to my cousin.

"What's up?" He said.

"What's the deal with your home girl?"

"Who Caramia?" He laughed, he already knew where I was going with this. "That'll never happen, Cara's different."

"Nah, personality wise she's different, but they're all the same when it comes to men." I smirked.

"Not Cara she's not gonna care for all the things you're gonna do to get at her. You see where her priorities are with her daughter. She's not gonna let any dude get in the way of that, not to mention she doesn't trust outsiders. Me I'm family, I've known her since we were kids, but you're an outsider to her." He had a point she even made it known to me that her daughter was her top priority along with school. I'll give her that she had her shit together.

"Speaking of Little Bit, what's the deal with that? If she's so different why does she have a daughter, like a lot of these other basic ass teenage bit.." I caught myself before the whole word came out. "My bad cuz, I wasn't trying to say that." I could tell from how he looked at me that he didn't believe me.

"Whatever," he growled out. "be careful with your words when you speak about my friend. As for the deal with Symphony, you would have to hear from Cara, 'cause it's not my place to say."

"I guess I gotta try to make my own place with her." Again he laughed, damn is she that hard with people she doesn't know?

"Good luck with that." He walked upstairs to his room. I got up headed to the kitchen, guess I'll ask Aunt Viv about her.

"Hey Auntie."

"Hey baby, what can I help you with?"

"What's the story with Jamal's friend?" I could see her smirking while she was taking a pie out of the oven.

"I had a feeling you would be sweet on her when you met her. But her story, that's something you gone have to find out on your own. I can give you bits and pieces, but nothing more than that." I guess she was done cooking because we ended back up in the family room.

"I'll take the bits and pieces." I said sitting next to her on the couch.

"I can see now that you're gonna try to get close to her. Let me say it ahead of time, good luck 'cause that girl is a tough one. She doesn't really let people in, the only reason you saw her off guard is because when she's in this house she knows she's with family. But you catch her alone, boy you gone feel like Joshua trying to knock down Jericho's walls." Damn, I thought, is she really that guarded?

"Where does her daughter come in to play?"

"Now that," she rubbed my shoulder. "is one of the things you have to find out on your own." See this just made me want to figure her out even more.

"Did she have a rough childhood or something." I need at least a hint as to why they think I won't have a chance.

"Please," She laughed. "no her childhood wasn't rough, it wasn't the best, but it was far from rough. But it does have something to do with her being how she is." Maybe I can get in with her if I get close to Lil Mama. I guess my aunt knew what I was thinking because she stared at me. "Boy I see the wheels working in your head, don't think getting close to that baby is gonna give you a better chance with Cara. That child is just as closed off as her mother." I guess that was all she could tell me because she stopped talking, she leaned over, and kissed my cheek then went upstairs. I got a call from one of my boys telling me to meet up with him asap. I let Aunt Viv know I was gone, and how long I'd be gone. Yeah I know I'm a grown man, but this is my aunt's house I at least owe her the respect if knowing I'm leaving, and will be back late. I hopped in my black 2013 Aston Martin, pulled out of the drive way, and sped down the road. Pulling up to the warehouse I see one of the youngins I work with standing outside