I Got You

I've been paranoid ever since I ran into Symphony's birth mother. She wants my baby, and I'm not about to let that happen. I should probably tell Chris, but this is my problem to handle. I can't let him keep fighting my battles for me. I've been doing this on my own for so long, I can't get too comfortable with having help. A small knock on my door knocked me out of my thoughts. I opened the door to reveal a middle aged guy in a suit.

"Caramia Andrews?" He questioned.

"Yeah, that's me." I confirmed. He dug into the pocket of his suit, and pulled out an envelope.

"You've been served." I opened the envelope quickly. Reading the contents of the paper I fell to my knees. She's actually doing it, she's trying to take my baby from me. She's trying to get custody of Symphony. This is too much, first I run into my pathetic excuse of a mother, and now this bitch is trying to take my child! No, that little girl is mine. I heard the jingle of keys outside of the door. I knew it was Chris. I rid my face of the few tears that had fallen so he wouldn't notice, and shoved the letter in the couch.

"Nope, give me whatever that is you're trying to hide that has you crying."

Damn, this is the one time I wish he didn't pay so much attention to me. Now there's no point in trying to keep the letter hidden. I pull the letter out, and give it to him. His eyes quickly scan over all the words.

"Mia, what the hell is this?" He sat next to me pulling me into his lap. I leaned back laying my head against his chest.

"A few weeks ago I was out with Symphony, and we ran into her birth mother. She was saying how she was gonna take her back, and she deserves to be in Symphy's life. So before you got here I got this letter, Chris she's taking me to court. She's trying to get her back."

I cried harder, not trying to contain the tears. Chris slumped next to me, and pulled me into his arms.

"That little girl in there is mine! I raised her, watched her take her first everything, and now this woman wants to just take my baby away."

"That's not going to happen Mia. I swear, our little girl is gonna be right with us. Look I got a lawyer, he got me off last year back in Miami. I'm gonna hit him up, and talk to him about your case."

"You would really do that?" He pulled me in his lap, I laid my head on his chest. He kept his arms around me, like he was protecting me from everything that wanted to hurt me.

"What did I tell you when that incident happened your at school?"

"That we're your family." I sniffled as I spoke, I didn't get to finish because he cut me off.

"I protect my family right?" I nodded.

"Then trust me when I say I got you. Ain't nobody taking Lil Bit from us without a fight. You got all your papers from back when you got her?"

I nodded again, I was too busy crying to speak.

"Good, I'm gonna need you to show all of that to my lawyer even your emancipation papers. All of her medical records, everything."

He pulled my face away from his chest making me look at him. His plump lips graced my forehead before kissing my lips gently.

"I got you okay," He repeated making sure I understood him. "this is our family, and I swear nobody's going to break it up."

Please let him be right, I can't even begin to think of what I'll do if she gets my baby.

Sorry babies this was a short one. I feel like I haven't updated this in years!! Y'all deserve something even if it is a small chapter. I hope you like it