ELEVEN; PREMATURE

MY EYES SLOWLY OPENED as the warm sun peeked through the blinds. Today was a good day. I felt good. A few days ago we had successfully convinced three different families and friends of Jasper to join us as witnesses.

They would be arriving soon. I knew that this wasn't a time to celebrate but some part of me felt good that we were all coming together for once, it was nice meeting other vampires and bonding with them.

Jasper's hand brushed my cheek. "You look so beautiful darlin"

I swear, he makes me swoon on a different level each day. I looked up into his gorgeous amber orbs. "And you, sir, are as handsome as ever this morning"

He opened his mouth to speak but was stopped my by eyes flickering down to my stomach, the flutters and kicks from within mesmerised us both. "I don't think I will ever get used to that"

He chuckled. "I hope he's a soccer player. He has a mean kick"

"Hey, you're not the one being kicked here. I'm surprised a foot hasn't came through my belly yet"

He leant down and kiss my forehead but quickly changed his face to mischievous. "I mean, there's still time"

I tried to grab a pillow and smack him but he quickly jumped up out of the way and laughed at me. He was like a little boy yelling 'catch me if you can, catch me if you can!!'.

"Jasper, I promise you when I am capable of kicking your ass, I will"

His tongue shot out at me and he winked. My head fell back onto the pillow and I jumped slightly as Emmett banged on the door. "Could you be any louder?! Some of us are trying to watch TV here!!"

I convulsed laughing and pulled the covers back over my head, encasing me into the warmth that was once sleep.

Later on, a few of us were stood in the kitchen, speaking about who would be joining us in the coming days. Myself and Jasper sat on the couch but could still join in on the conversation that went on.

"Do you think that we have enough to keep Nessie safe?" Jacob stood beside Carlisle and Edward.

Carlisle nodded his head. "Yes. I believe so. But, we won't know for sure until they all get here, if they even do. They all have their own free will and aren't obligated to help us"

Edward chimed in. "I'd like to think they would help us. We have helped many of them over the past few decades, it's only fair of them to return the favour"

Jasper was listening too. "Some people are selfish. No matter how much you help them, they'll only want to help themselves"

Very optimistic. I could tell Jacob was anxious too, we all were. "Well, I hope for everyone's sake that they aren't selfish. Otherwise we will need to take down the Volturi, I won't let them get to Nessie"

Edward was in agreement. "I won't let them get within hearing distance of her, don't worry" At least they were on the same page about something, that was nice. "They'll pull through"

"And if they don't?"

"Then, we fight"

The thought of fighting the Volturi didn't appeal to me as much as I thought it would. Especially today. Something was off with me, I didn't feel my greatest, quite weak actually. Carlisle had told me by tomorrow he would perform the emergency c-section on me and have my baby incubated as soon as it was born, so it was safe and growing.

I trusted Carlisle as much as I would trust a surgeon or doctor in the hospital, more actually. Even though none of us had any experience with anything like this he always made it seem like he knew exactly what he was doing and seemed confident doing it.

I had toned the boys out now. It was just constant going on circles and I didn't need that kind of stress just now. My stomach was already churning at the thought and they were making it worse, a lot worse actually.

It came on all of a sudden. The sickness. I was fine and then I was jumping up, throwing myself towards the bathroom. I hadn't vomited in years.

It was pinkish, like blood.

I remembered shouting to Jasper that I was fine, just a little vertigo is all, leave me be and I'll be out in a minute. But it wasn't vertigo at all, and perhaps I wouldn't be fine.

My hands gripped the sink tightly as I watched the colour drain from my body, my eyes wavering, watching myself intently in the mirror.

Beads of sweat lined my brow for the first time in a long time, I had never felt this way before.

Eyes widening, heart racing. My chest beat in and out with panic. I couldn't breathe. This wasn't happening, it was too soon.

My mouth parted as tears of liquid streamed down my legs, then gushing of fluids.

My head was blurry and hot. But even through that, I realised we would be meeting my little miracle sooner than I had hoped