TWO; THEORIES

I TWIRLED MY FINGERS in the palm of Jaspers hand. We sat neatly on the couch, my head on his lap as the TV blasted useless noise that nobody was listening to. He smiled down at me, saying nothing. This was something he done a lot and honestly, it was creepy.

"You're doing it again" My voice was tired.

His cheeks shone a gorgeous shade of rose. "Am I? Sorry, you look so pretty and I think well if you see a pretty thing then you should darn well stare at it" His southern accent came out in full force.

"Is that so? I think my eyes would get dry looking at you" I laughed and abruptly stopped, sitting up as Edward marched in the room.

We were all very wary of how we acted around him with our lovers. I believe we were all on the unspoken page that we would remain apart when Edward was around because he was still healing. I was quite afraid he was going to do something drastic because he couldn't be with his own soulmate. I can't imagine being without Jasper.

He left as quickly as he came in and everyone relaxed after he exited through the front door, he must be away to hunt. He was doing that quite often, to clear his head and get away from the Bella scent I presume. I think I would explode from overeating if that was my coping mechanism. But I understand how he feels, smelling Bella all the time when she isn't here is hard to do.

Myself and Jasper were the only ones in the room but prying ears were still within reach. I so wished I could tell him of my news in a happy manner, I wish we had parties and showers and everyone was filled with joy but the grievance cloud weighed upon the house, so it would have to be in private.

"Do you want to go a walk later?" I pulled myself up, fixing my hair.

"A walk?" He stopped. "Or a hunt?"

My head slowly shook. "Just a regular old walk, it will be nice cmon"

"Sure. Any particular reason?"

I tried not to lie, I knew he would suspect something by the sound of my voice even if I had shielded myself. "Just want to have a talk with you, about things"

"Anything bad? I mean, if I've done something just say" typical man.

I chuckled. "No, silly vampire. You've done nothing wrong, I just want to speak with you. I feel like we never get any alone time to ourselves"

He nodded. "Very well, it's a date. We shall go on our romantic walk at sunset, that seems appropriate"

My hands clasped together. "How exciting Mr Hale"

"How exciting indeed"

We were cut off by Carlisle sticking his head around the corner of the doorframe. "Sorry I don't mean to interrupt" I encouraged him on. "Scarlett can I have a chat with you for a moment?"

Way to be subtle.

Jasper shot him a confused look as he continued. "Oh! It's about Bella"

I knew it wasn't but Jasper was none the wiser.

My lips pecked his cheek and I pulled myself up from the couch, following Carlisle into his study. We both sat down in our usual places for these private discussions. "Can you shield us?" As per usual.