NINE POINT FIVE; WITNESS

JASPER'S HAND GRIPPED mine tightly. The family sat around a small coffee table, we had just found out from Alice that the Volturi were definitely aware of Renesmee & my baby.

My head nodded, responding to Carlisle's question. "Yes, I'm sure it was Jane"

His face screwed up. "I don't understand why she would have been watching you. The Volturi don't just visit for no reason"

"Well, they have been looking for a way to take us down for years - not to mention they'll want Scarlett on their side now that they know what abilities she has" Jasper made a good point.

"Alice, what exactly did you see?"

Her eyes closed, remembering back to her vision. I could see it too, I was reading her thoughts and it felt so vivid.

Jane marched into the centre of Volterra, her face filled with intent and determination. Aro was delighted to see her, he knew that she had peeing spying on the family for a short while but never had anything good, until now. She came to a hault in-front of him and held out her hand. "You're going to like this"

He looked somewhat of a child receiving sweeties. "How exciting" He swiftly took her hand in his, closing his eyes and using his ability to see what she had seen.

His face lit up with glee, a mischievous laugh bellowing from his chest. He had finally caught us out. Eyes snapping open, he dropped her hand and turned to his brothers.

"The day has come. The day has come where we finally take down the Cullens"

The Volturi members shouted and clapped as he spoke, ready for war and justice.

My eyes flickered open - I was back with the Cullens in the living room. Carlisle looked shocked. "I can see why they would want to take us down"

Anger rushed off me, how dare they threaten my family and me? They know nothing about us. Jasper, still holding my hand, rubbed his thumb gently in an attempt to cool me down. "Why would they? It's just children"

Carlisle shook his head. "Not to them. Have you ever heard of Immortal Children?" My head shook and he continued. "They were very beautiful, but just as lethal. Their age was the same as when they were turned, which made them even more dangerous as they didn't have the capability to learn how to live among us"

I nodded. "So they were not able to mature as children before they were turned?"

"Exactly. This meant that one single tantrum could take down an entire village, killing hundreds. Soon, humans grew aware of Immortal Children and the Volturi had to intervene, vowing to kill all Immoral Children that ever existed"

It made sense now, they thought Renesmee was an immortal child. "But we're not like them. Surely if they just see-"

Edwards hands gripped the couch. "They won't listen to what we have to say, they never have"

"So what? We just let them kill Renesmee?"

Jacob growled under his breath. "That's not going to happen"

Bella was beside Renesmee, they stood in the door. "We won't let it happen"

My heard turned to them. "So what are we going to do? Fight?"

Carlisle's head shook and he turned to Edward who was already reading his mind. "We need to gather witnesses, then we can show everyone that our family doesn't pose a threat"

I was confused - gather witnesses? "What does that mean?"

"It means we need to visit our distant relatives and allies, show them what we know and ask them to vouch for us. We will be doing no fighting"

My head slowly nodded. This was dangerous for all of us, we had no clue who worked for the Volturi or was on their side. Myself and Jasper were given a few different groups to visit over the next few days and ask them to join us.

And I hope for all our sake that they did.