EIGHT; CHARLIE

"DUDE, YOU'RE TOO PERFECT" My hand swatted at Bella, I showed her how to slouch like a human. She looked too upright sat in her chair. "Like this" I continued. "When you turn everything becomes very stiff, try and relax your back. God knows you used to slouch when you were human"

She nodded, taking in my constructive criticism. Her back slowly dipped, returning to its usual human form. "That feels so strange"

I remember feeling so out of place when I first turned, so I can imagine what she is going through. "Trust me, you'll get used to it"

Edward was sat next to us. "And if you hold your breath, it should help with the thirst" I nodded. Thirst had never been a big issue with me, I assumed I had syphoned some of Carlisle's incredible self control.

Jaspers hands squeezed my shoulders reassuringly. "It will all be fine" he stopped for a minute and then carried on. "And if not, we kill him"

I spun round and hit him on the chest. "Jasper!"

He chuckled. "Sorry, I was just trying to lighten the mood" It seemed to work, Bella was less nervous and anxious about this whole situation.

Everyone froze as Charlie's truck tumbled down the Cullen's huge driveway. Jacob stood up, he had already said he was going to let in Charlie so Bella didn't need to move that much.

This was either going to go really well, or it would end up with a dead boyfriend. Or a dead dad. Either was entirely possible.

"Here goes nothing"

We heard Jacob awkwardly let him in downstairs and walk up beside us, his eyes caught mine first. It was so nice to see him. "Dad, hey" I stood up, pulling him into a hug.

"Wow Scarlett, you look so mature" Dad's we're always awkward with compliments, mine was anyway.

"Thanks dad. How are you?" His eyes looked at me but kept flickering to Bella on the couch as he answered my question.

"I-um, I'm good. I'm fine. How is Bella?"

She moved nervously on the couch and looked up at him, trying not to give to much away. "I'm better, dad. I feel better"

He relaxed next to me and walked over to her. "Bella. You were dead. We had a funeral for you, we mourned" his face became filled with emotion but I quickly sent calm vibes towards him. "How did you suddenly come back alive?"

She shook her head. "Your confused, I get it. But please just trust me when I say some things are better being left the way they are. Please dad"

"Bella. Talk to me, please" He reached out to hold her hand but she snapped away quickly, I sat forward in my seat, ready to move to protect Charlie at any point.

"Dad. Trust me. I'm okay, that's all that matters" She looked at me for some sort of help and I nodded.

"Dad, please" My abilities sent more emotions through him to help him be okay with what Bella was saying. I think it worked.

"So I can't know?" Our heads shook.

"No, if you really need an explanation then we would need to leave here, and none of us want that. So for now, just know we are all safe"

"Okay" he closed his eyes for a second, processing what was happening. "And, you all. Do you turn into animals too?"

I burst into laughter. "No dad, we don't"

I felt Jacobs hand pat my shoulder. "They all wish they were as cool as me" I pulled a face at him and knocked his hand off.

"Yeah, we really do" Sarcasm dripped off each and every word.

Edward left the room for a moment, in the kitchen I could hear him lifting Renesmee from Rose. He walked back in with her in his arms. "Charlie, meet Renesmee"

His face was pulled into something I had never really seen before. "Ah - your adoptive niece?" I think Jacob told him that Ren was Emmett and  Rose's child. Lovely.

"No. Our daughter" Bella stood up slowly and walked over beside Edward, playing with Renesmee's fingers. "Isn't she beautiful?"

He walked over to them. "She looks just like you" Realisation hit his face. "Oh. Need to know, I guess?"

Bella responded with a nod. "Need to know"

This was it. "Dad, there's something else you need to know"

"Oh god. What is it now?"

I smiled. "Nothing bad, I promise" Jaspers hand grabbed mine over my shoulder, knowing where I was going. "Jasper and I, we're pregnant"

He seemed shocked at first, then it was sort of angry, then the anger faded to happiness. "Pregnant? As in, you have a child inside you. As in, he put it there?" Charlie pointed to Jasper.

My smile was awkward. "Yes. But it was planned" it wasn't. "And we're happy"

Taking a minute to let all the information sink in, his eyes narrowed at Jasper. "You're lucky I like you, boy. But if you ever, I mean ever, break her heart or leave her, I will hunt you down"

Jasper seemed more anxious than usual next to me, understandably. My eyes widened. "Don't worry sir. I'm not going anywhere for as long as I can live"

"Good. When are you due?" He spoke to me but continued staring at Jasper threateningly.

I cleared my throat. "Um, in a few months" truthfully I had no clue at all, it could be weeks, days.

"I'm happy for you both" He quickly stood up and pulled me into a hug. "If you need anything, you let me know"

I nodded into his arms. "I missed you dad"

"I missed you too, Scar"

He bid his farewells to us, giving Jasper some last threatening comments before getting in his truck and driving away.

"I'm glad that's over" I breathed.

"Your dad is scary" Jasper mumbled, causing us all to erupt into laughter. I think we were all just nervously laughing because that was terrifying.

I think this will be good for Charlie. I was glad I could see him now and I think, like everyone else, he's fallen in love with Renesmee too. I only hope everyone will be the same when my little miracle is born.