NINE; REALISATIONS

THE LEAVES CRUNCHED beneath my feet, it was nice to get away from the noise for a moment. My hands gently rested on my stomach, feeling the little flutters that came from within. The bump was now quite noticeable but somehow that made me love it even more. Honestly, I was surprised my skin would even stretch this much. I assumed I wouldn't even grow or change at all, but here we are.

Carlisle had told me that in a few weeks it would be time to remove the fetus by c- section, then it would live in an incubator, growing until it's safe for it to be 'introduced' into the world. I understood what he meant, there was only so much growing a little person could do inside a body that doesn't grow.

The walk was apart of my usual routine, and as much as I enjoyed spending time with all my family, sometimes a girl needs a little break from all the havoc that is a supernatural household. Besides that, Renesmee was growing more each day, she was now about 6 or 7 years old in human years, but only a few months to us. We could only hope to have more time with our little miracle.

Jasper and I called it a she, but we would be equally as happy if the baby was a boy. Well, somewhat - personally, Jasper wants a little girl so he can spoil her like he spoils me.

My head snapped around with the sound of leaves rustling behind me, my shoulders instantly relaxing when I seen Renesmee's brown hair sticking out from a bush.

I chuckled at the girl. "Who goes there!"

Her small head whipped out and she threw her arms in the air yelling "Rawwwrrrr!!!"

Trying my best to fake gasp, I let out a shriek and held my heart. "Oh my goodness, you scared me to death!!"

She ran forward, pulling me into a hug. "Silly! I didn't scare you, you don't get scared!"

I returned the hug. "You did scare me a little"

"Really?"

I mean, I got a fright. "Yes. I promise"

She pulled away and smiled. "Good" her eyes flickered down to my tummy. "I can't wait to meet your baby"

I kneeled down beside her and grabbed her hand. "Me too, I'm sure you too will be the best of friends"

"We will be. I know it" Her head nodded. She paused and stretched her hand out, "Can I?"

Renesmee's new favourite thing to do with her abilities was to project visions and stories into my bump. In all honesty I'm not sure exactly what it did, it didn't really feel like anything but the bump seemed to respond happily and Ren liked to, do what was the harm.

I nodded and her face lit up with glee, she gently reached down and placed her palm on my tummy, closing her eyes. She never told me what she thought about when she was doing it, but something in me knew it was the bedtime stories Bella and Edward would tell her at night.

My stomach turned to butterflies as the baby inside me clicked with excitement. Renesmee was more humble and kind than she gave herself credit for, she was like her mother.

Her eyes opened and she lifted her hand. "Thank you. I think she likes when you do that very much"

"Really? Can you feel her?"

My head nodded. "Yes. She moves about when you're near, I know she really likes you"

"Wow that's-"

My hand lifted in front of her mouth to quiet her as a twig snapped far away. She silenced and looked at me for guidance, I slowly rose up  and looked into the distance over the hill, seeing where the noise came from. It could have been a deer or animal but it sounded like something heavy had stood on it.

Renesmee hid behind me as I scanned the treeline, my heart dropping when I see a dark shadow like figure in the distance. Somebody was watching us.

My mind flickered to running towards them but I would never leave Renesmee alone, and we were too far away from the Cullens house to go back before they could leave.

I had no option but to watch the figure closely. I leaned down slightly and whispered to Ren. "Don't move, stay behind me"

She nodded in response and held my hand tightly. The figure stalked the treeline threateningly and suddenly stopped, giving me an opportunity to have a closer look at their appearance.

Long blonde hair stared back at me and something about the blurry figure was familiar. Her body was mostly covered in black, red peeking through in spots.

My body jolted at the realisation and she quickly tore off into the trees. It was Jane.

The Volturi knew about us, and we were under threat.