THREE; DO YOU FEEL THAT?

RENESMEE COOED IN MY arms, her small hands pulling and grabbing at my hair - she was getting so big now. She looked just like her mother, she was so beautiful. I felt for her, growing up without a mother was something I could never imagine, I wasn't as close as i'd have liked to Renee but she had still shaped me into the person I was today.

Rose sat next to me, she had a bad habit of letting Ren suck her fingers. I honestly think she was more in love with her than Jacob. Speaking of which, I didn't quite agree with the whole 'imprinting' business at first, mainly because I didn't understand it but after learning about what it meant - I was quite for it now. I assumed that it meant Jacob had to fall in love with her, which would be weird because she was a baby, and I would've happily helped Edward kill him, but it just meant he was protective over her - I was glad she had someone looking out for her besides us.

"I swear, one day she's going to take my fingers clean off" Rose chuckled in my ear and I nodded. "Her teeth are comin' in fast" She was right, Renesmee was growing so fast compared to other kids - it was scary. Truthfully, none of us were sure how long she would be alive for, by the rate she was maturing she only had a few years left before she was old. She was mostly human so didn't have the same aging abilities as the rest of us.

"Yeah, she definitely will not hesitate to tear them off. I think she would enjoy it actually" This was also true. Rose gasped and slapped my arm playfully "What? You know she would" She did end up agreeing with me, eventually.

Holding Ren was one of my favourite things to do, i'm not sure how but I could feel Bella within her, I hoped it was something to do with my abilities and not just me imagining it, but her energy was the exact same as Bella's. I think Ren liked Edward's arms though, she was constantly sleeping in them. As much as he tried to despise her for essentially 'killing' Bella, he was just so in love with her little face, we all were. He was healing now, his aura had changed and he didn't so much hang around Bella's body, she currently lay downstairs, it was almost time to bury her for real. But, we were all ready for it.

"Can you hold her?" I turned to Rose and her face lit up, of course she wanted to hold her. I was gentle with lifting her into her arms and placed a light kiss on her head.

"You going to see Jazz?" I shook my head. Jasper was hanging out with Emmett, they both were learning how to fight, I didn't quite want to enjoy their bro time. Besides, I was more than capable of handling my own.

"Nah, I need to speak to Edward" She nodded and I picked myself up from the couch, trying to listen around the house if I could hear where Edward was. Jasper and Emmett were out in the garden, Esme was cooking for Renesmee with Carlisle in the kitchen and I could faintly hear Edward downstairs. I walked down the stairs and approached him. 

"Hey, how are you doing?" We hadn't spoken much.

His lips drew into a fine line and he smiled. "Better"

I knew the feeling. "Me too" He tried to walk past me but I continued. "I think we need to talk about Bella"

His face fell, but we both knew it was for the best. "You're right"

We both walked towards the room where Bella was. She still looked as beautiful as ever. Somehow, she was slightly paler than usual but I suppose that's what comes hand in hand with dying. When I was younger I had assumed seeing a dead body would be scary but seeing Bella so many times desensitized me, I guess.

"She looks so peaceful" I broke the comfortable silence.

"I hope she is at peace. I'd want nothing more for her"

"Me too. But i'm sure wherever my sister is, she isn't in pain anymore" I hoped so.

He chuckled slightly. "Well, i'm sure Alice will give her a good send off" He was right, as morbid as it sounds i'm sure she had everything planned out already.

I smiled. "If its anything like your wedding, i'm sure it will be beautiful"

His gazed lingered on her face. I can't imagine what he's going through, I know that if it was Jasper there I wouldn't be able to cope. It made me sick thinking about telling him he was going to be a father later on today.

I stepped towards Bella, honestly she looked as hard as stone. My fingers stretched out and brush her arm. Suddenly, sparks flew between the both of us. I gasped and jumped back, Edward looked confused beside me. "Are you alright?"

I was shocked. "Did you feel that?"

His face contorted. "Feel what?"

"It's like, like she has energy flowing in her. I can feel it the same way I feel with abilities"

For a slight second, I seen his face light up with something that looked like..hope. "Could that just be the venom? Carlisle said that it takes a week or two to leave the system. Besides, it would have worked by now"

My head shook. I had felt venom before and this was a different type of power. I could feel Bella. She was thriving. She was living. "No, I think I can feel Bella"

"You're sure?" He dashed over to her face, stroking it with the back of his hands. "She's alive?" His voice was filled with emotion.

"I'm not sure" I wasn't sure how to explain it, but something inside her was still alive. I didn't want to get Edward's hopes completely up.

"How will we know?"

As if by queue, Bella's mouth opened slightly and she lightly breathed in a gasp of air. I sped over too, staring at her face, looking for any more signs of life that weren't there before.

And then, her eyes fluttered open.