Chapter 45: In Which George and Alex Receive An Unexpected Visitor

Author's Note 1:

Welcome back, folks, thanks for staying with me through this bit of a break.

The updates are going to come in-between other fanfictions, now.

Thanks for your patience, and without further ado, here is Chapter 45 of FABB!

bobbiejelly

Falling Apart, Barely Breathing

In Which Addison meets Meredith in a bar. Things spiral from there. This is the story about what might have happened after Meredith asks Derek to "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" but before he decides to do anything about it, and after SHE decides to do something about it. MerAdd. Meddison. Set during "Bring the Pain" GA. An Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy Fanfiction. Written by bobbiejelly. NOW RATED E FOR EXPLICIT. You're welcome :)

Chapter 45: In Which George and Alex Receive An Unexpected Visitor

There's a new surgical resident arrival at Seattle Grace Hospital, and she wants to meet the 'Heart in the Elevator Guy'. What will this mean for George and Alex? And how will this affect Addison and Meredith? And everyone else in this headfuck breakfast club...?

"So I hear you're the 'Heart In The Elevator Guy," a tall raven-haired Latina stalks up to Alex Karev in the hotel lobby.

It's her first day at work, and she's heard a ton of rumors, but the best one of all for her so far has been about the intern who performed open-heart -surgery while waiting for an elevator repair person.

"Ah, I'm flattered you're saying this to me, it's probably because I know I look the part, but it actually wasn't me, it was O'Malley," Alex concedes right away to this Latina.

If he wasn't currently involved with said 'Heart In An Elevator Guy', Alex realizes he might have lied about that and said it was him, just to give him a chance with this new resident.

But he is involved with George O'Malley, and he realizes they haven't talked about "being each other's boyfriends," yet, but he realizes they probably should, because he's being honest instead of lying to flirt with this new girl, now, and he's never done that before for anyone, ever.

"Who is O'Malley?" The woman asks him, rather puzzled.

"Oh, he's my-" Alex stumbles because he realizes he can't say "partner," yet before actually asking George to be exclusive, so he re-evaluates his sentence and just says, "I'll page him for you."

Alex does, and he dials George's number on his pager without looking because he's done that so many times (mostly to page George for sex in on-call rooms, but still...).

The raven-haired woman doesn't notice his dexterity though, she just holds out her hand for the 'Not The Heart In The Elevator Guy But At Least He Is An Honest Dude," person she just met and introduces herself to him.

"Callie Torres, M.D., I just transferred to Seattle Grace, and I'm a senior Orthopedics surgical resident," Callie offers out her hand to Alex.

"Alex Karev, M.D., Currently a first-year intern, and I'm one of Miranda Bailey's five surgical residents," Alex offers his hand.

"Nice to meet you," Callie says to him genuinely.

"Likewise," Alex smiles, and he decides that although if he were totally single, he would totally want to 'do her', that she's hot but not hotter than George O'Malley for him right now, and that he realizes he should ask George to go steady with him so he can keep him all for himself.