Chapter 11: Break On Through, Part One

"Never have I everrrrrr-" The 'pregnant man' begins, and the Interns grin widely before looking expectantly at a certain redhead Attending.

"Dude, sweet! I love this game!" says Alex Karev.

"I'll play, I'm so going to beat you though, Alex," says George O'Malley.

"I'm going to beat all of you" Alex replies with a gruff.

"IN YOUR DREAMS, EVIL SPAWN" Huffs Cristina in annoyance.

"Ooh, does Alex have all kinds of secret pain" Izzie teases.

"Well I've never played this game without any tequila before but I guess we can't let's all go to the bar right now, can we" Meredith nods.

"Come on Doctor Boss" The 'pregnant man' begs at Addison with puppy dog eyes. The results of my labs are going to take hours to come in, this way you keep me in a good mood and keep me company, and let's be real if this is cancer then we know I'm dying.

My partner died in an accident a few years back and I've been alone ever since. This is my dying wish for my doctors to play a little game with me. Can you do that?" he pleads.

"I'd like to reassure you that we're doing everything we can to make sure you're not ACTUALLY dying," Addison says with a raise of her eyebrows.

Addison's first thought is that if he makes HER play TOO that she might reveal something that is a little too incriminating for her students to respect her ever again.

But the interns are looking at her with a look of concern, rather than just pure amusement.

And silently, Addison realizes that they might be right. That this might be one of this man's last good days if it IS cancer, and she doesn't want to take that away from him.

She also thinks to herself this could both be a way to find out a whole lot more about her headfuck breakfast club that is Bailey's group of Interns. Who she's trying to win over.

"Alright just for a little while" Addison finally acquiesced. But not because you're dying, but because I'm being supportive and compassionate. As your Doctor" she says with a smile.

And the look of pure joy and whimsy on all the interns faces when she says "yes", just might make it all worth it already.

"You're the COOLEST, Doctor Montgomery" Meredith gushes to her with a genuine smile.

And Addison can't help but bite the corner of her lips and blush just the teeniest bit at the compliment.

No one notices this though-

(except for Cristina, who seems to always have her eyes firmly locked to Addison's face whenever she talks to Meredith).

(except for Meredith herself, who is inordinately pleased that she's managed to give Doctor Montgomery a flash of happiness).

And the game begins to go on when the 'pregnant man-patient- begins to raise all of his ten fingers in the air and ask them his first question.

"Never have I ever" he begins again, motioning for the others to show all their hands as well. "Never have I ever kissed a girl" he smirks lightly, mostly at Izzie, as he explains to them all that he's queerer than a three-dollar-bill.

He guessed correctly about Izzie, because Izzie sheepishly puts down her thumb in annoyance. "Ugh, it was just a few dozen drunk makeouts at a frat party" she explained to the room.