Chapter 33: I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Author's Note:

Additionally, I have some favorite books. Can you tell? Let me know :)

Have been looking forward to writing this chapter since I began the story!

It's funny, as an author to have favorite chapters, but I do, and this is one of them.

(Along with Chapter 4, Let It Be... And probably Chapter 13, BOT part 3...)

This is the longest chapter so far, ever, and it's all for the FANS!

This one, I feel it could almost be a one-shot on its own... Almost.

Let me know that when you finish it, I love to hear from you.

Hope you enjoy :D

bobbiejelly

PREVIOUSLY ON "FALLING APART, BARELY BREATHING":

Meredith knew, somehow, that today will be the end of the world for someone, somewhere. And apparently, this time, unlike the last time, the power would be all in her hands.

Addison knew, somehow, that today will be the end of the world for someone, somewhere. And apparently, this time, unlike the last time, the power would be all in her hands.

As Meredith and Addison processed all of these thoughts, they couldn't wait to escape it all.

They couldn't wait to get out of the Seattle Grace McHospital.

They couldn't wait to take a goddamned break from this 'game' or this godforsaken 'arena'.

Addison and Meredith knew, somehow, that as soon as they did it, they knew they'd escape it, today.

Somehow, they knew they won't be spending another night in this arena; not like this, at least... Not each alone left with all of their questions, yet without any answers...

END OF FLASHBACK SEQUENCE.

Falling Apart, Barely Breathing

In Which Addison meets Meredith in a bar. Things spiral from there. This is the story about what might have happened after Meredith asks Derek to "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" but before he decides to do anything about it, and after SHE decides to do something about it. MerAdd. Meddison. Set during "Bring the Pain" GA. An Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy Fanfiction. Written by me, bobbiejelly . NOW RATED E FOR EXPLICIT. You're welcome :)

Chapter 33: I Will Follow You Into The Dark

"It's not like I have no one to drink with me, I have you" Addison answers more boldly.

"So you're drinking with me," Meredith asks in another question like she wants to say more.

"Yes, so I'm drinking with you" Addison answers again but without all the lace of 'more, more, more' that either of them would expect to come out of Addison's mouth after all of that alcohol in her system has lifted her inhibitions.

And Meredith wants to say something so she says, "I'm happy to be drinking with just you, too..."

"I shut my phone off, so we can talk now and it can be 'just us' now. Just us and no one else interrupting..." Addison says as if she's working up to even more.

And Meredith also understands the implication of Addison's statement.

And Meredith realizes this is the moment she should say something. Say anything. Say everything...