Chapter 28: Secret Admirer

PREVIOUSLY ON "FALLING APART, BARELY BREATHING":

"I know what I want to get for John the patient, but I need your help with it if you want to tag-team" Addison smiles sweetly to Meredith.

And once Meredith hears the idea she's jumping for joy and hugging Addison at just how perfect it will be.

END OF FLASHBACK SEQUENCE.

Falling Apart, Barely Breathing

I n Which Addison meets Meredith in a bar. Things spiral from there. This is the story about what might have happened after Meredith asks Derek to "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" but before he decides to do anything about it, and after SHE decides to do something about it. MerAdd. Meddison. Set during "Bring the Pain" GA. An Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy Fanfiction. Written by me, bobbiejelly

Chapter 28: Secret Admirer

"DOCTOR BOSS IS HERE!" John the patient exclaims alongside everyone else.

"Here I am" Addison smiles into the affection, and apologizes for barking at them, slightly after being surprised by the yelling.

"It's okay, not everyone likes surprises" Meredith smirks at her, and Addison has no idea why "But some people really like surprises" she smirks again.

And Addison furrows and unfurrows her brow a bit at that one and sits down in the last remaining empty chair in the room.

(The chair, which Meredith has tried to be as subtle as possible while saving that one for Addison, by her purse on it until Addison has walked in.)

"So now the real party begins!" Bailey says to them all.

"You can thank the interns and Addison for all the hard work in the party planning," Bailey says to them all very generously. (As well as NOT calling Addison "Doctor Boss" because she was just too proud to ever say that about someone who was not HER.)

"When do we get CAKE!" Cristina insists. "I'm HUNGRY," she says in a whine, but her slight smirk sideways to Addison tells another story entirely.

"Yes, let's eat it now before the whip cream topping falls apart" Izzie exclaims.

Izzie leaves to go get the cake and the plates as the patient express how happy he is that he can finally have sweets again.

"You wouldn't believe the cravings for sweets," John says innocently. But he is also smirking a little at Addison and also Meredith and it's starting to make Addison feel overheated.

"Umm, I have to - water" Addison excuses herself abruptly, despite having just arrived at the party.

Addison makes it to the nearest scrub room, where she runs her hands under the coldest possible water.

"FUCK-" Addison actually says out loud.

She's turned on beyond reason at the mere mention of cherry and vanilla cake and it's really starting to get out of hand.

"FUCK!" Addison yells again into the darkness.

"Are you alright?" a familiar voice pops out from the doorframe to ask her.

NO FREAKING WAY!

(How can she be everywhere and anywhere at once...)

Meredith Grey appears out of the darkness, as she'd run out of the room after Addison to check on her.

It wasn't a terrible instinct, considering what the day has been for her.

But still, this instinct brought the blonde intern into close physical proximity of the redhead, which was the original cause of all this angst in the first place.