Chapter 32: It's The End Of The World, Part Three

Author's Note:

Here's another part of this chapter.

Ps. The playlist has been updated in "secret admirer."

And earlier chapters have been edited for formatting.

All the details I keep wanting to add make it longer.

Hope you enjoy :D

Let me know your thoughts,

bobbiejelly

PREVIOUSLY ON "FALLING APART, BARELY BREATHING":

A long long time ago, that first night Addison and Meredith shared at Joe's together...

Somewhere along in the bitterness Meredith might have expected Addison to chew her out or to demean her for all the damage she's done to her marriage, or for Meredith to chew Addison out or to demean her for cheating on Derek with Mark or for telling her she shouldn't go back to him right away.

But Addison doesn't. And Meredith doesn't. And neither of them wants to try to even go there now.

So instead they just sit together, feeling all alone in the Emerald City Bar as they stir their drinks with their straws and let the sharp bite of the ice cubes feel cool upon their weary lips.

And for some inexplicable reason Meredith and Addison each feel somehow soothed by the solemn grace that is their current and unlikely companionship.

END OF FLASHBACK SEQUENCE.

Falling Apart, Barely Breathing

In Which Addison meets Meredith in a bar. Things spiral from there. This is the story about what might have happened after Meredith asks Derek to "Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me" but before he decides to do anything about it, and after SHE decides to do something about it. MerAdd. Meddison. Set during "Bring the Pain" GA. An Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey - Grey's Anatomy Fanfiction. Written by me, bobbiejelly . NOW RATED E FOR EXPLICIT. You're welcome :)

Chapter 32: It's The End Of The World, Part Three

Chapter Summary: Addison meets Meredith in a bar. Again. Things spiral from there.

Meredith Grey is currently sitting by herself at the Emerald City Bar.

She's sitting on a bar stool that had recently (unbeknownst to Meredith,) been occupied by none other than Addison Forbes Montgomery, for whom Meredith was impatiently waiting for.

She's sitting on a barstool she had previously sat on waiting for Derek Christopher Shepherd, but now HE was the last person she wanted to see.

She's sitting on a barstool, waiting for Addison Montgomery, no-longer-Sheppherd, with her coat and her purse on the stool next to her to save that seat only for HER.

Something about this situation, this bar, her alone, her staring into the bitterness seems so familiar, yet not comforting in the least bit.

It makes her feel like a little girl, like the time she was riding the carousel and felt it would never ever ever stop turning, as she watched her mother fight with Richard Webber and Ellis Grey was raising her voice and Meredith was all alone, just turn and turning again...

Meredith has been downing alcohol-free-vanilla-flavored-Italian-sodas-with-extra-ice-and-extra-cherries by the bucketload for the better part of a half-hour now, and Joe and Walter are starting to get worried she'll get a toothache from all of the sugar.