thirty-two

today was a pretty good day, taehyung finally got his hair combed and he cried about that, but besides that, he was okay.

he got dressed, and they were going to go for a walk around the hospital for a bit.

"alright, come here baby."

jungkook tried to get taehyung to walk, because he can't do it right now, and he wants him to get better quickly so he can get back to doing what he loves to do.

running around.

taehyung stood up, leaning forward a little as if he was about to fall.

jungkook quickly put his arms out, catching him before he got hurt.

taehyung whined, looking at jungkook who smiled at him.

"it's okay. i got you, little one."

he picked him up, patting him on the back.

they started their walk, and taehyung was excited to be outside.

the hospital was huge, so they walked around the entrance and stuff to see all of the decorations.

taehyung pointed to all of the colors, babbling nonsense, but it was cute.

but something he did made jungkook's heart melt.

while jungkook typed on his phone, taehyung started softly singing.

jungkook looked at him, surprised.

taehyung didn't even notice, he was too busy singing his cute little song.

jungkook chuckled to himself, knowing that he was a sucker for taehyung.

taehyung was doing what he always did, repeating song lyrics until he decided that he would pick a different self stimulation.

jungkook didn't mind, although sometimes other people thought taehyung could get a little annoying.

but he can't help it, so to jungkook it's perfectly fine.

it's better than having a meltdown.

"jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way," taehyung softly sang in the cutest voice.

jungkook patted his bottom, looking over at him.

he loved this boy too much.

when they got back to the room, taehyung wanted more music, so the music therapist came in and played the guitar for him.

and once again, taehyung tried to dance, which was the cutest thing.

"good job." jungkook told him, grabbing his hand.

after a while, they had to switch taehyung's tube to his other nostril, and he was scared.

taehyung's parents left the room because taehyung wanted to be with jungkook, and the man came in with the supplies.

taehyung would probably just whimper a little because he doesn't feel well and he doesn't care.

"hm, we might have to surgically put a place for  the tube in your stomach, but it depends because you are doing really well." the man explained, dipping the end of the tube into a small pack of lubricant.

taehyung only whined, too tired to move.

he squeezed jungkook's hand, and he squeezed it back.

as expected, taehyung didn't flinch but he started coughing, and that didn't make it any better.

jungkook held the straw up to his lips so he could swallow to get the tube down easier.

"don't throw up, you're okay buddy." the doctor assured, trying to be gentle with taehyung.

they got it down, and they apologized for hurting him.

afterwards, he ended up falling asleep in jungkook's arms.

his soft breathing filled the quiet room, and jungkook placed soft kisses on his cheek.

"be brave, my baby boy."

taehyung had been brave his whole life— it was a motto to him now and he stuck with it.

and that's why jungkook has the words, "be brave, baby boy." tattooed on his wrist.

and yes, he knew that it would be there forever but he didn't care.

if someone saw it, he didn't have to explain, because he knew it was for someone special.

it was for his forever boy.

and soon, in two days they would get to leave the hospital and they could go home, so that was exciting because the birthday boy would get to be home for his birthday.

"in two days, my baby boy will be a big baby boy. i can't believe it, don't grow up too fast bubba."

taehyung smiled in his sleep, hearing what jungkook said.

and, even though he would be seventeen, he wouldn't change, he would be the same.

"happy early birthday, my love."

now they had to be prepared for the news they get about taehyung's surgery, and hope that the  monster in his head causing all of his seizures was gone.

but they don't think it is because he had a few seizures already.

but, if it didn't work, taehyung would continue to be brave and hope that one day all of this would be over.

he can't control his emotions well, and it only makes people think that he's weird because he won't talk.

but that was okay.

because taehyung knew that he was special, and that was all that mattered.
======
sup😎

tell me what you think🥺:

okay time to write the next chapter