Part 30

A week past by since Damon and I started dating and today I am going to meet his family. I know his uncle and aunt but I don't know why was I nervous. Damon has told me everything about himself but I am still holding one secret from him, which I plan to tell him tonight.

I got ready by 7 pm as Damon was coming to pick me up for the dinner. I was waiting for him at the door and I haven't told my parents yet that I am dating.

I told them I was going to a friends birthday party and they believed it. I hear a car pull in our driveway and I go out. I see Damon getting out of his car. 

He looks at me and said "You are looking beautiful, lets go before Eva spoils my surprise for my uncle and aunt." He did not tell me he was planning a surprise so I asked him "What's the surprise and why don't I know it?" 

He chuckled and said "You are the surprise, I told them I am bringing my girlfriend but not the girl's name." I was more nervous now, he noticed it and said "Don't worry they love you and will be too happy to see you." I just nodded and sat in the passenger seat. He closed the door and went to driver's seat. 

I asked him as soon as he started driving "Is Jessie joining us for dinner?" I haven't met Jessie yet, he said I could meet Jessie properly on Saturday when he will take her to amusement park for father daughter day and I will join them this Saturday, which by the way is tomorrow. 

He said "No she sleep's early so by the time we reach she might be asleep." I nodded and told him "Stop by the florist shop near your place I want to buy flowers for aunt Lily."

He gave me a puzzled look and ask "Why do you need flowers you always meet her she is like your second mother." I said "I am first time meeting her as your girlfriend and want to do it like any other unknown girl would have done. Please I am already nervous, so let me do something that they will like."

He nodded and on the way stopped at the flower shop. I bought Lilies as those were her favorite flowers. We entered his house, I have visited this place like thousand's of times but I was first time nervous to go in.

As we went inside I heard aunt Lily say "Alex when will they be here? I am so existed to meet his girlfriend. I hope she is nothing like...." Before aunt could say anything more Damon said "Aunt Uncle we are here, please meet my girlfriend Tessa." 

They looked at me and uncle had a smile on his face, Eva was smirking and aunt was shocked. I went to aunt and said "Aunt Lily these are for you." I gave her the flowers, she took them and kept them on the table and hugged me and said "I am so happy for you two, he choose the best girl I can think of." 

After that Uncle said "Lily I am happy for you two. My blessings are always with you two." I said "Thank you uncle and aunt I was so nervous that you won't approve our relationship, please don't tell my parents yet I will tell them in a day or two."

Uncle nodded and aunt said "Why won't we approve you, we know you since you were a kid and we know that he finally choose a right one." I thanked them and aunt said "Come on dinner is ready lets eat and then you kids can do whatever you want." 

We nodded and went to dining room, I sat in between Eva and Damon and opposite to me and Damon were uncle and aunt.

While dinner we all made a small talk about how school was going and how are my parents doing. Aunt said "After you tell your parents about you two lets all of us have dinner then. I haven't seen your mother much in the past few years and miss her a lot." 

Aunt considers my mom as her younger sister. When she and dad got married she was mom's bride's maid and helped her a lot with me and Jake.

I nodded and said "Yes I will tell them soon and then next week you all can come over for dinner." Soon we were done with dinner and uncle said "I am going to my office, Tessa can I see you for a minute." 

I nodded and said "I will be there in a minute." He nodded and left, I turned towards aunt and said "Thank you aunt, I loved the food and hope my parents accept him too as you have accepted me."

She said "They will accept him and if this idiot had told me earlier who the girl was I would have made your favorite dishes."

I just laughed and said "He just wanted to surprise you and it did work, even I got to see your reaction." She nodded and called it a day and went to her room. 

Eva said "I am going up, if you need me you know where to find me." I nodded and looked at Damon and said "Wait her I will talk to uncle and be back soon."

He nodded and I went up to uncle's office room. It was closed so I knocked and uncle said "Come in." I went inside and uncle was reading a file and looked up and said "Please sit down Tessa." I sat down and uncle asked "Did you tell Damon about gang?"

I told him "I was planning to tell him today, I have to tell him. I am already feeling too guilty. He told me everything about his past and I haven't told him my biggest secret." 

Uncle said "I hope you will never hurt him, I know you very well and I know you won't be like his ex. But do you think if one day you two plan to marry will you accept Jessica?"

I nodded and said "I have already thought about it uncle before confessing to him, I have just met Jessie once for a few minutes but Damon had talked about her a lot since last week we started dating. I am accepting him with Jessie and his honesty is what made me fall for him, I think he is the best father any girl can ask for." 

Uncle said "I am proud of you Tessa, I am always here for you remember that."

I nodded and said "Uncle I have one more think to tell you, I think someone is always following me. I tried to figure it myself with the help of my gang but its been two week and I could not find who it is. I even got a letter twice about me being Copper and about gang. Since Eva joined school I told everyone in school that I was Copper and I am going to school as Copper now. But still I feel someone is following me and I am sure about it."

Uncle said "Okay then I will ask my men too look into the matter and will let you know. Don't worry and if you feel unsafe any moment give me a call no matter whatever the time may be." I nodded and after that we exchanged good byes and I went down.