Part 26

After we got home mom and dad were busy watching some 90's movie so Jake asked me "I am going to Danish's place want to join?" I shook my head and said "No, I have a lot in my mind I will just go for a walk." 

He looked worried and said "Want me to stay back with you?" I said "No I need some alone time you go." He nodded and said "Call me if you need anything and be safe." I nodded and he left. I changed into my sports t-shirt and joggers and went for a run at the park.

I jogged for about 30 minutes and then I sat down at a swing which was for children but not many children come here to play. After few seconds I saw a little girl around 3-4 years old sitting on a bench alone. I went and sat beside her, as I loved children a lot. I asked her "Why are you sitting alone?"

She was looking down and replied "My father went to buy ice cream for me and the other kids never play with me so I am sitting alone." She was really cute so I asked her "Want to play with me?" She shook her head and said "Dad told me not to talk or play with strangers." I made a puppy dog face and said "Hi I am Tessa, can we be friends?" 

She for the first time looked up and asked "You will be my friend?" I nodded and she continued "No one wants to be my friend at school or even here in park." I asked her sadly "Why? You are so pretty and cute I would love to be your friend and play with you." 

She said "Others tease me because I don't have a mom. I am Jessica thank you for being my friend." I said "No problem I will be your friend lets play until your father comes back." She nodded and I helped her climb the slides after that we sat on swings and few minutes later she got down and ran towards a man wearing a baseball cap and carrying two ice creams. His face was not visible because of ice cream. 

I sat on the swing and heard her tell her father "Dad I made a new friend today. She is very pretty and kind." He said giving her a ice cream "I told you not to talk to strangers. Come on lets go home." She let go of her father's hand and said "Let me say bye to Tessa." He was kneeling down so he got up and this time I can look at his face, I was completely and utterly shock.  

He looked at me and said "Shit." Jessica came and said "Bye Tessa I will see you tomorrow, will you come to play with me?" I was too shocked to say anything so I just nodded my head. Damon came towards me and said "Let me explain." I nodded again as I could not say anything more.

He asked me "Can you wait for me here? I will drop her off and come back in 10 minutes." I nodded and Jessica asked "Dad you know Tessa?" Damon said "Yes she is my friend come let's go home I have some work later." She waved at me and Damon mouthed "Please wait." I waved back and nodded at the same time. 

I played a game on my phone while waiting for Damon. After about 10 minutes I felt someone sit beside me so I looked sideways to see Damon sitting. He looked nervous as well as worried. He said "Tessa I don't want you to judge me I know I am a teen dad but it was really an accident, but I love Jesse a lot." 

I said "I won't judge you because if I judge you that means I will be judging my mother also as she was also a teen mom." He said "Aunt Elsa is awesome and the best mother anyone could have. I have never seen her discriminate between you and Jake and she never thought of giving up on Jake even for a minute." 

I asked curiously "So what did you wanted to explain?" He said "I had Jessica when I was 16, her mother was my ex girlfriend the one who's family killed my family. I know Jake told you last night about what happened." I nodded.

"I was dating Veronica she was my senior at school but I really thought I loved her, it was 31st December when we had lots of drink in a party and had sex. It meant a lot to me but not to her, she broke up with me a month later. After that a month later she stopped coming to school, on 16th February a year later on my birthday I found Jessica on my door along with a note saying she is my daughter. 

My parents did not believe it so they got a DNA parenting test done and she sure was my daughter. After that we kept her and took care of her, I treated her like a daughter should be whereas my parents were happy grandparents.

On 20th March a year later, that is last year my ex's family attacked my family they were dangerous people I did not knew until all that happened. They wanted Jesse back and we refused to give her back and said we will file a case in court so a week later on 20th they attacked us to get Jesse back but Jake saved her and that is why I owe him a lot. Only my family and Jake knows about Jessica. Uncle Alex and Aunt Lily love her a lot and Eva is the best aunt. I hope this won't affect our friendship."

I said to Damon genuinely "This would never change anything between us, I respect you more now then I did after hearing your story from Jake. I am so proud of you that you never gave up on Jessica she is a lovely child." 

He just smiled and we stayed there for a few minutes without any words as we both did not know what to say. After about 10-15 minutes we said our good byes and I came back home.