Part 14

I got ready for school early today as I was supposed to meet Damon before school. I went down to see my dad talking on the phone, more like shouting. I make my way towards kitchen and grab an apple. I came back and sit beside my dad and wait for him to finish his talk. 

"I am telling you for the last time, this is the last time I am coming. I need to spend time with my family too, I can't always ignore them for business." There was a pause and then he said "Book an evening flight, keep my things ready and I request to make my stay as short as possible." With that he disconnected the call. 

I ask him "You going out?" He nods and replied "London, a consignment problem arose. I hope you will take care of yourself. I am really sorry for leaving so soon." I was upset but I knew he might have tried to deal with it from here. I ask him "What about mom? I don't think so much of travelling is good for her." 

He said "I am going alone, she is staying here with you." I nodded and said "Okay you take care and don't worry about us, I am okay with staying alone when Jake is at camp. But this time mom is here so I will not be alone, I will take care of her. You need not worry about us." 

He said "I am so proud of you, I never knew my little girl was so sensible and caring. Anyway why are you going to school early today?" I looked at the watch and it was already 7 am so I get up and say "Bye, I am late need to complete an assignment see you soon whenever you come back." 

I took my car today, I love Jake's car but I need to use my car too. Can't let its battery die. I reached school by 7:30 and park my car, I look around to find Damon's bike parked in his usual place. You might be thinking how I know his parking, I daily check the bike parking to see bikes I love them a lot. 

I make my way to rooftop to see Damon sitting and playing a bike race game on his phone, he was so engrossed in his game that he did not see me coming. I took the opportunity and removed my water bottle from my bag and spilled it over his head.

He as soon as he realized something was dripping from his head, stood up and turned and shouted "What the fuck?" As soon as he sees me, he removes his bottle and tries to throw it on me, but as my reflex action was good I moved to the side and all the water was on the ground. 

"Not bad Queen, but why the fuck did you spill the water on me?" I chuckled and said "Do not ever call me Queen in school. Water thing was a revenge for landing me in detention. Anyways now that we are equal, why did you wanted to see me?" 

He said mischievously "I will get my revenge soon, keep your eyes wide open. Anyways, all I want to know is why are you dressing up like a nerd? You are beautiful, bold, confident and on top of it I can easily tell you are more comfortable as Copper then why be a nerd?" 

I asked him curiously "Why are you so interested? What is in it for you?" He gave me a puzzled look and said "There is nothing in it for me, I am just curious. Are you in some kind of danger? Is that why you are coming to school as undercover nerd? I mean why would you try to be someone when you are clearly not comfortable in it?" 

I replied " I was like this till the age of 14 years, after that I changed and learned riding bike. I hate attention that is the only reason why I act like nerd." He looked more curious and ask "But when you are Copper you love the attention. When people praise you for your race you love it. I saw you do few stunts in your match few days before our race, when I was just there to register myself. Those stunts were to get attention, how can you contradict yourself?"

He surely was a observant person and so I replied honestly "When I was 14, I was bullied by few boys in school when Jake was not around. I was too afraid to tell Jake as I thought if he picks a fight for me, he too will be bullied. But Aiden found out one day when he has come to pick me up from school and complaint about them. They were expelled because many other students had complaint about them. There after Aiden taught me and Jake self defense and bike riding and after that I started racing." 

He nodded and said "If those boys are gone then why be a nerd now?" I replied back instantly "Because its better this way, most people in school are just looking for gossip and rumors. I don't want to be part of their gossip or rumor so I stay away from them. This looks helps, this way I am away from their gossips.

Anyways can I ask you just one question? It's not about Jake I will wait for those questions until he returns." He nodded and I asked "Do you know Matt personally? The other day it looked like you two hate each other. Without knowing you cannot hate each other."

He replied "I do know him, he is my ex girlfriend's brother. That's the reason we hate each other. We both are from Germany, I never knew he would also shift here and unfortunately in the same school." 

I nodded and looked at my watch it was quarter past 8 am. I said "We are 15 minutes late, if we go now we will land in detention. I suggest we wait for next class to begin." 

He checked his watch and said "How about 10 questions to pass our time?" I agreed and said "You go first."