Part 7

I take my bike to the track wear my helmet and was read to race. I make my way to racing area and stand in line, I was racing the same old people except one was new.

The new guy came and stood beside me and said "Ready to lose princess! Oh sorry Queen!" I looked beside me and looked at his face from the gap between his helmet before I can see his face he closed that gap with the glass and accelerated his bike. I did the same and in few seconds race started.

I did lose for the first time I must say the new guy was surely better than me but I won't let this happen again. I was a bit distracted today because of my parents but not next time.

My brother, Aiden and other friends consoled me and said that he won by luck. They cheered me up by telling me stupid jokes but still I laughed at their attempt. I left early as I was too tired and disappointed.

As I was on my way back I stopped at a red light just a block away from my home. Beside me came and stood the same guy whom I just lost to. He said "Hey Queen better luck next time." I turned and this time I saw his face and shouted "You? What is your fucking problem?"

Before I could say anything more he said "What did I do? You just lost and can't take your failure am I right? I was the first one you lost since the time you started racing right?"

I controlled my anger and before I could lose my temper at him and blow up my cover, I said "It's not about losing it's just that I had a bad day and I can take my failure as coolly as I take my victory."

The light turned green and I raced to my home before Damon can say anything more. Yes right Damon was the one who was the guy who won against me for the first time since I started racing.

I made my way home without making any sound and hoped my parents were asleep and my luck was good this time as they were in there room not sure whether they slept or not but they were in there room so I made my way to my room changed and came down to eat something.

I made Maggie noddles for me and made my way back to my room. On my way I heard noises come out of my parents room mom said "I want to leave you. I am fed up your antics. You are not the same like you used to be you have changed. Are you cheating on me?" Before I could hear more dad made his way near the door and before shutting it he said "Please talk softly I don't want kids to know just yet." That's the last thing I heard.

After few minutes I heard something fall in my parents room or rather thrown not sure. But I guess they are still fighting, I hope they make up as I don't want to lose mom and Jake. Though I may not be close to her but I do love her alot.

After few minutes Jake came back home and straight to my room. He asked "You okay? Need anything or want to talk?"  I shook my head and said "I am okay but I think we should take a day off from school tomorrow. I guess we need to talk to parents about the new me and not sure if it would so good."

He nodded and said "Rest then we will talk to them in the morning and I am always here to support you. Anyways if they say anything blame it on me. Say I was the one who forced you to get a makeover and I mean it."

I just got up and hugged him and said "Don't worry everything will be fine and I am a strong girl now and I can handle them. Anyways the guy I lost to is the new guy in school Damon. He just moved to the town this weekend and I hate that guy. He is getting on my nerve from the time we met."

Jake said as I sit back down on my bed "Don't worry I will talk to him in school and make him stay away from you. While I am here no one can lay a finger on you." I face palmed myself and said "I am so lucky to have you as my elder brother. Can I ask you something?"

He nodded and I asked "If our parents ever decide to separate will you go away with mom?" He looked worried and sat down on his knee infront of me and asked "Did mom dad say something? Is everything okay? You know we are inseparable and I am not leaving you even if those two separate."

I nodded and said "Yes all is good I just had a nightmare when I was sleeping in the afternoon nothing serious I will sleep now see you in the morning."

He said good night and left I did not wanted to worry him so I did not tell him about our parents fight and went to sleep.