Part 8

I got up early today as I could not sleep the whole night. I kept turning and tossing on my bed all night. I walk down to see dad reading news paper, I went and sat beside him. I hugged him and said "Dad are you angry on me? Do you not like the change?" 

Dad hugged me and said "I missed you princess and now you look just like your mom. I would never be pissed of because of it. I will just be worried now because of all the boys out there hitting on you." 

I was about to say something when Jake said "Dad that will never happen until I am here, being her elder brother I will always protect her." I chuckled and said "It's the other way around, I am the one who is always protecting you from the girls."  Dad just laughed and said "Get the breakfast table ready I will call your mom down, then you two have school to attend." Jake said "Dad we are taking day off." 

Dad gave us a puzzled look and said "Why?" I said this time "So that we can spend the day with you two." Dad said "We are here for months now we can spend as many days as you want after school. Go get ready I will call your mom and tell the maids to get the table ready." We nodded and went up. 

Jake followed me and said "Dad is acting cool, I think all is good. Skip the bath or we will be late." I nodded and he went back to his room to get ready. I thought that maybe this coolness is just the silence before the storm.

We went down to see mom dad already sitting, Mom saw me first and asked "Why are you going to school like your old self? I like the new you?" I said "I want to stay low at school without grabbing any attention. This is my last year there I want it to end in peace." 

Dad said "We don't care even if we get complaints from your school, we are cool with it. We want you two to enjoy your life like we did. You know I found your mom in high school senior year, we were together till the day she died. You find your true love in school."

Before I could say anything mom said "I want you to be comfortable in school in whatever way you are going but I want you to be careful and not like me. I made a mistake in senior year and got pregnant." Before any of them could say anything more Jake and I got up, took our bags and an apple like always and ran out without saying bye. 

If our parents start talking about past they will never stop. There past will lead to a debate between them. My mother passed away right after giving birth to me, she met Jake's mom in the hospital where we both were born on the same day. My mom knew she was going to die after giving birth to me but she still gave birth to me. 

She and Jake's mom were roommates in hospital, that time dad's business has just started so he could not pay much attention to mom and mom never told him about the risk of giving birth. Jake's mom was a 18 year old pregnant teen, her boyfriend had left her alone when he found that she was pregnant, even her family left her saying she was disgrace to their family. 

My mom and her become close in those one week and my mother asked her to take care of me and my dad after her death. The day I was born my mother passed away leaving a letter each for me and my dad. She asked dad to marry Elsa Jake's mom and take care of Jake as his own son. This was her last wish and hence my dad obliged with it. 

I received my letter on my 13th birthday where Jake and I got to know the truth but that never changed our relationship, I loved Jake and Elsa as my brother and mother like I had always done. Dad and mom told us that at first they were never comfortable around each other for almost three years but after that they fell in love and were inseparable. 

Jake's real father never came back to look for him and he wish that he never see his real dad. For him his only dad is my father. As much as Elsa told us she fell in love with her teacher and he left her when she was pregnant for his wife who was also pregnant at that time. She never knew he had a wife until the day he left her telling about his wife.

As I was thinking about all this we had reached school and Jake shook me and asked "You okay?" I nodded and removed my seat belt and got down.