~ 29 ~

*Chan's POV*

During the drive back, chan felt the weight of one thousand worlds lifted off his shoulders. But there was still something there, weighing him down.

He thought maybe, it was felix. Not the boy himself, but his troubles. Now that Chan knew about them he felt worried about what might happen to his sweet little baby. Well - he shouldn't technically call him 'his' yet.

He just wanted to take away all of Felix's pain. Even if it meant that he would have it on himself. He would do anything to help him. But there was nothing he could really do besides watch and step in when he needed to.

Felix mentioned that he wanted his own independence as well, so Chan would allow that definitely. But he would of course still stay on the sideline, making sure he didn't get himself into any trouble.

His heart fluttered as he thought of the warmth Felix had shown him in that short while in the bathrooms. The feeling of his small arms around his waist still lingered, though in this moment Chan wondered if it was insensitive of him to think of the moments in joy. It somehow felt wrong, perhaps because then Felix wasn't exactly feeling euphoric, and so he should be considering those negative emotions Felix shared with him as his own?

But he couldn't stop simply thinking about the tingles left on his skin whenever Felix touched him.

It felt relieving that he wasn't anymore completely rejected. A giggle slipped past his lips before he could stop it. He was fairly sure that the three boys seated in his car had heard. Embarrassed, he turned to his side to see Seungmin about to burst into heavy laughter, my god his poor reputation had just slipped down the drain.

He focused on the road instead, removing one hand from the wheel and resting it on the open window. Through the review mirrors, he caught the faces of Hyunjin and Jeongin who both seemed amused as they tried to get a peak of his red face by the mirrors.

Chan cleared his throat, "no one is to speak of this moment understand."

He had concluded that they all still seemed somewhat threatened by him after no one said anything in response. Still, he was embarrassed that he had been caught.

*Felix's POV*

Felix was freaking out.

He might have just accepted Chan's feelings. Of which he was still suspicious of, as anyone would be, but it excited him thinking that they were real.

He felt relief, a weight had been lifted off his shoulders, though he was finding it hard to figure out why. Was it because of his stupid outburst or...? Damn it he couldn't think about those simple moments without smiling. The touch on his cheeks remained, he lifted his hands up to his them, it felt warm. Not his cheeks, although they did too, but the feeling that was playing on the inside of him. Specifically the area where his heart lay.

What was this? Why wasn't he this badly affected before? Why only now did he long for the warmth Chan gave him.

One question of his that had gone unanswered for the longest of times had sneakily surged to the front of his mind while he was lost in thought. Why did he find comfort in Chan when he had barely known him. Why was it that he found it easier to sleep in the bed of a stranger than he did alone.

He subconsciously knew that this was a question that would forever go unanswered but still, he would've wanted to find out.

He had mentioned having his own independence to Chan though, and so that would include sleeping in his own bed. He shouldn't need to fall asleep next to someone else - he wasn't a child.

"Jinyoung." He called for the man driving, to whom let out a noise of acknowledgement. Felix looked into the back seat to see Minho and Jisung in their own little world before continuing, voice lowered for precautions "I said I'd give Chan one week."

"For what?" He answered in a voice just as low.

"Hmm, To prove his feelings? I don't really know."

"Woah...all of a sudden. After so long?"

"Yeah, I must've thought it over a thousand times. But I think I'm finally ready to start to break my shell a little bit."

Jinyoung smiled and looked at Felix. He glanced back and forth between him and the road. He held the look of genuine pride which made Felix get a bubbly feeling in his stomach. "Felix I'm so happy for you. My little baby is growing up." He faked wiping a tear with one hand off the wheel.

"I'm not a baby." He frowned though a slight smile still played on his face.

"I'm sorry Jinyoung, I just really needed someone to tell. My thoughts are driving me insane."

"Aww it's alright my little baby, you can always talk to me, i think I told you this already once a while ago." he remarked, laughing slightly and ruffling Felix's hair.

Felix could only smile in appreciation.

By the time they had gotten back to the house, everyone was exhausted. Sleep attracted just about all of them, except one. Lee Minho.

He had suggested that since it was the last night the group was staying over, they should have a party. But no one had the energy for that obviously so they negotiated playing spin the bottle. Felix didn't have much say in all of this, he stood aside watching people make decisions, which he now regretted because now he had to play spin the bottle with a bunch of loud, noisy people, his friends, when he wanted to be in his warm, cozy bed.

Oh well.

Everyone formed a circle with a space big enough to spin a bottle in the middle of it.

They all shuffled around finding a comfortable position, Jisung and Minho obviously sitting as close to eachother as they could get, while they waited for Chan to return with a bottle.

Felix was uncomfortable no matter how he sat, he missed his bed. But he would play because he not only didn't want to look like a party pooper but this was the last night his friends would be here all together.

And that was the moment that it hit him. He would be alone with Chan. The though sparked excitement in him, although it also brought out fear.

Well, jinyoung would also be there so he wouldn't be completely alone but even though it was almost December, break time, jinyoung still had piles of assignments to complete.

Felix snapped his head towards the entry as he heard the obnoxious group whisper things like 'who's that' 'isn't that Changbin?'

And Changbin it was indeed.

———————>
SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG

i've really been questioning this book, i don't know, it seems a bit off to me sometimes :/

nEway, how have y'all beeeeeen???