Chapter 124

The two brothers hug for a while, since it makes them both feel better, and because Sebastian knows how important physical affection like this is for Remington.

"Do you think he's okay?" The boy asks, face against Sebastian's chest.

The man strokes his hair. "I don't know. You'll see him soon, bub, I know you will. It's impossible for the two of you to stay away from eachother."

Remington hums quietly. "I'm worried, Sebby, what if he's hurt." He sighs.

"He'll be okay. It's Andy, bub, the guy who broke his ribs on stage and carried on performing."

"I know, but I'm still worried. I need him to be okay."

They both look towards the door when a doctor opens it, and Remington sits back on the bed. "Ah, Remington, you're up," the doctor says, "your husband is Andy Biersack, yes?"

Remington nods.

"Okay. Andy was attacked last night and called an ambulance at 4 am. He's in room 152 and he's asking to see you."

The boy's eyes widen. "Attacked? Is he okay?"

"He's stable. He lost quite a lot of blood and has a few nasty bruises, but it's not critical. He'll be fine to go home in a few days."

Remington looks from the doctor to Sebastian. "Can I see him now?"

"Of course, follow me. I'll show you to the room."

Trailing behind the doctor, Remington is glad for Sebastian coming with him, and takes his brother's hand as they walk down the halls.

They stop outside a room, and the doctor opens the door. He steps aside and gestures for the brothers to go on, and they do.

Remington has never been more relieved to see anyone in his life. He breathes out, as if he was holding his breath the whole time that Andy was gone. "Oh my God, what happened? Are you okay? Who attacked you?"

"Sweetheart, shh, I'm okay. Come give me a hug, yeah?"

Keenly obliging, Remington sits on the bed and wraps his arms around Andy. "I got so scared," he whispers, "when you didn't come home."

Andy rubs his back. "I know, sweetie. Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?"

The boy sighs. "Cut myself. Sorry."

"No no, it's alright. It's okay."

Remington digs his face into his lover's shoulder. "What happened?" He asks, agitated at the idea of the man being attacked.

"Some idiots beat me up outside a gas station. They hate my band or something. I don't know. It's alright, though, I'm okay." He pulls back and looks at Remington's face. The boy is teary. "I'm sorry I scared you."

's not your fault," Remington mumbles, "just hug me."

Once he's sure his brother is safe, Sebastian goes home, and Remington and Andy end up falling asleep in the hospital bed together.

Remington wakes first, in the evening, and reaches over Andy for the television remote. He turns it on and watches something about a zoo on low volume, sat up beside his husband.

Sebastian comes back with Remington's phone, and says that he cleaned up the blood on the floor, to which Remington thanks him and takes his phone. He scrolls through social media for a while, trying his best to ignore the mean comments that still appear, even after months. He comes across a new confession account dedicated to him. Not even to the band, but to him in particular. It's impossible to find it and not have a look at the confessions.

Remingtonlconfessions: Confession no. 1 - I love Remington but sometimes he can be really stupid .

Remingtonlconfessions: Confession no.2 - I don't wanna sound rude or anything but I'm honestly really annoyed that Remington is stopping the band from touring. Why should one member of the band be the reason they all have to stop playing shows? It doesn't seem fair.

Remingtonlconfessions: Confession no.3 - I still don't believe Remington and Andy are actually together. Remington just doesn't seem gay to me. I feel like it's for the media.

Remingtonlconfessions: Confession no.4 - In response to the previous confession - get your shit together. It's clear they're in love and they don't need some jealous teenager making up rumours that aren't even true. I feel so bad for Remington. He opened up about a really abusive relationship and all people do is drag him down for being in a relationship that makes him happy. I'm sorry, but y'all need to fucking stop.

Remingtonlcomfessions: Confession no.5 - Can everyone please stop going on about Remington's abuse? It's been like a year and I assure you that if he sees everything people are saying about it (and he will see, because you tag him wtf) it's just gonna make him sad. Let him live his life and love who he loves and just give him some fucking space. I get it. You're jealous because you want to be with him, but that's not gonna happen, so stop acting like it will. He's a grown, married man, and he's happy with Andy. That should be enough for you. He's happy! Let him be happy!

He smiles. It's nice to know that there are people who care, who stand up for him. Andy wakes beside him, sitting up slowly and looking at the phone screen. "I thought the confession pages had been deleted," he queries, reading the post.

"Yeah, me too. This one's new I think. I should DM them and ask them to take it down. Do you think that's a good idea?"

Andy scrolls down to the next confession. "I think that if that's what you wanna do, then you do it. Ouch, don't read that one, it's pretty nasty."

The boy grimaces. "Just did. Yeah, I'm gonna DM them." He opens the messenger and sighs. "Why would they even post that one? It hurts in my heart."

"Oh kitten, it's a load of shit. Send them a message and turn it off."

Remington types out a few sentences and hesitates before sending it. He doesn't want the person running the account to use him messaging them as a way to get more followers.

Hey, sorry to bother you. Can you take this account down, please? Confession pages really aren't good for my mental health. Have a good day.

He sends it and puts the phone down, leaning his head on Andy's shoulder and closing his eyes. "It hurts in my heart," he says again, quietly.

Andy traces Remington's palm. "You're so pure and beautiful."

"Do you know what else hurts in my heart?"

"What's that?"

"You were attacked. That hurts in my heart more than the confessions." He picks up his phone. The confession account has replied.

Oh shoot, sorry. I'll take it down.

Satisfied with the response, the boy smiles, closing his eyes again. "Did they make you pass out?"

Andy hums. "Yep. I was out for a few hours. They took my car."

"What the fuck? I wanna just-like-kill some people."

"Yeah, and my phone and my wallet, too. Some people are fucking vile."

Remington nods in agreement. "I hate people."

Andy chuckles and ruffles Remington's hair. "I know. Me too. But I love you." He runs his fingers over the bandage on the younger's arm.

"Love you more."