Chapter 42

no trigger warning AND there's a bit of smut. You're welcome :)

Remington Leith: Sucks that apparently my mental health doesn't matter.

"Are you sure you want to post that?" Andy asks, looking over his lover's shoulder and reading the tweet he's about to share.

The boy nods. "Yep," he says, looking back at Andy, "why wouldn't I?"

"It might make it worse." That's true, and Remington knows it. "It sounds like you're accusing them of not caring, when really it's just a few people who are being mean." Andy explains.

Remington frowns. "Me accusing them? That's all they've been doing to me for the last two weeks, Andy! Oh Remington is so selfish! I bet Remington wasn't even abused! Remington doesn't care about his fans! I'm so sick of it!"

Andy knew this would happen the moment he told Remington what he changed the password to. The singer can't help himself from looking at all the comments under his posts. "Alright, calm down, post it if you want but I don't think it's going to do what you want it to do." He isn't about to argue with his fiancé about this. He isn't about to argue with his fiancé at all. The last thing Remington needs is to fight with Andy.

"Well what do I say instead?" The younger asks, quieter now.

The man rubs Remington's bare shoulders. He didn't bother with a shirt today. "Nothing," he says simply, and Remington raises an eyebrow. "I mean it. They'll die down, sunshine, posting something about it is just asking for trouble." His hand runs down the younger's chest and back up, and Remington exhales.

"But I want them to know that it's making me sad," Remington says, pouting when Andy takes his hands off him.

Andy smiles at the cute expression of his lover. "I know, princess, but it won't help. Stop thinking about it." He kisses Remington's neck briefly. "If it's upsetting you, talk to Abigail about it, sweetheart, don't post about it." The man is right. He is always right, and Remington loves him for that, even though it annoys him sometimes.

Turning around and kneeling on the sofa, Remington looks at Andy with his beautiful smile. "Yes, I'll do that. You're very clever," he says, and reaches for Andy's hand, taking it, and tilting his head to the side innocently.

"I know," Andy jokes, "you're very cute." He puts his free hand against Remington's cheek and the boy hums quietly. There's a comfortable silence for a few moments, and then Remington abruptly grabs Andy's face and kisses him.

(Smut ahead)

He pulls away and looks at his fiancé with an unreadable and impossibly attractive expression. "I want to," he whispers, voice low and eyes dark.

Andy runs a hand over the younger's cheekbone. "You sure?" He asks, aware that this is the first time since the hotel incident that Remington has talked about having sex.

Nodding, Remington turns back around and gets up off the sofa. "I'm sure," he confirms, stopping in front of Andy. "Just-just go slow," he mumbles, and kisses him again.

"You tell me if you need to stop," Andy comforts, breaking the kiss and waiting for Remington to nod.

"I will, I promise," the boy says, and smiles. He feels Andy's hands on his waist, moving over his body, and shivers. It's been so long since he's shivered like that, and God, did he miss it. He's kissed again and practically melts into Andy, pressing his body against the man. Remington is pushed against the wall and can't help but to moan at the dominance Andy has over him. And it's a good dominance. Not like Holly controlling him, Nothing like Holly. He likes it. God, he loves it.

Andy is being so gentle, so careful, kissing down Remington's neck and over his collar bone. Remington tilts his head back, hitting the wall, eyes closed and lips parted. He can't help but to think back to that hotel, to Holly, to everything. When she grabbed him, choked him, pulled at his hair, and not in a good way. In such a way that it hurt for hours after, that he was scared of moving when she was near.

And now, with Andy, this beautiful beautiful human, who takes so much care, who could never hurt him, not in a million years. Like when Remington ran away to that hotel. Andy could have tracked him down, chased after him, got angry at him, but he didn't.

He breaths out a moan as Andy rolls his hips into him, surprised at himself for not being spooked by this. He thought he'd never be able to do this because of Holly, but he was wrong. Holly was wrong. That makes him smile, laugh, even. Holly, that fucking bitch, was wrong.

"What?" Andy asks, amused by Remington's laugh.

The younger shakes his head. "Nothing," he responds, "just that Holly was wrong."

Andy raises any eyebrow. "Duh," he states, "and that's funny?"

Remington nods, pushes Andy's head down. "Don't stop," he practically begs. And it's not the terrified begging he got so used to. The please help me begging. It's the good kind. Wow, he loves this. He loves everything about this.

For the first time ever, he feels properly free of Holly. She's been gone physically for so long, but has always been in his head. Not now, not today. Today she's gone, and Remington is free.

Recommendation of the day - What He Missed by thicc_boy_soldier