4.9

20K READS OMGGGG you guys are amazing! I love reading through each comment and I'm so much happier now i got this book and my cute lil doggo.

Today's dog update- she stole my keys and hid them in a shoe. What a silly sausage :3
—————

"Mi-sun."

And that was the moment her world crashed around her. Everyone froze, almost comically, and looked around. Mark was the only one smiling, everyone else could only watch. He had done it, he had told everyone.

"Why?" Was all she could muster out, it was barely audible through the loud silence.

"You don't get it," his fingers picked at a piece of string on his coat jacket violently, "you took everything from me. My whole life gone because of you...it's only fair I do the same back."

Pure evil. All she ever did was try to be pleasant but she stood up for her beliefs- did that mean she destroyed his life? Mi didn't get him fired, she only exposed him for the sexist creep he was.

By this time, the crowd had come out of shock. Most of them didn't even remember who Mi-sun was. Except Jungkook. He knew, but he didn't seem to react. His features where stone as he stared straight ahead. "Get the fuck out my building, you're no long welcome." Jungkook gestured loosely to a security guard outside. "Everyone needs to leave. Take him away, the rest of you have the week off."

His voice never faulted and everyone followed his orders. With a fuss, Mark was dragged out. He smiled as he left, right at Mi-sun. She stared at where he stood moments ago, his satisfied smirk burnt in her memory and vision.

The room soon became as empty as it felt, and silence once again roared around them both. It was deafening, but the girl just sat on the unforgiving floor in a sad daze. They boy stood behind her, deep in though.

"Is it true?" Mi jumped at the sudden words. "It what he said true? Are you- are you both- just tell me!" He became more demanding as he stepped closer and closer.

But Mi couldnt answer him. She couldn't breath. It had finally settled in, she had ruined her relationship with the only person she had ever truly liked. Her head was spinning and the world seemed have turned the volume up to 10. Every little sound, every footstep in the hall or breath became increasing loud and irritating. It all rung on repeat around her panicking head in an rage to make her go mad.

"Sum-mi," he reached his hand out to the spluttering younger. "Mi-sun. It's you isnt it." He went to touch her shoulder, but as soon as contact was made she screamed, curling up into an even tighter ball.

"No no no." She kept repeating to herself, her world getting smaller and small as she forced her legs closer and closer to her chest. It was unbearable, the pain and emotions she felt. A disappointment. (A/n same lmao) A liar. But most of all not herself.

"M-      Listen t-        Calm do-        I can-       You just-    "Too loud, she couldn't hear a thing. Her chest burnt a fiery rage and her throat was as dry as a conversation over oysters with your ex boss.

"Icanticantitsallgonewrongwhathavei- What have I done?" Breath. Her head lifted to see Jungkook crouched in front of her with his coat wrapped around her shaking limbs.

"Keep breathing, Mi-sun." Jungkook held her hand tightly as he watched more tears drain from her aching eyes to her mascara stained cheeks.

A high pitched buzz remained in her head, but the roaring silences quivered and settled into a background noise. "I am-I am doing."

They both looked at each other with as much sympathy as they could muster. "Jungkook." Her hand reached out to hold his again, but he drew back slightly. "I'm so sorry."

"Let's not talk about it now." He looked just as angry as before.

"I don't- I didn't mean for it to get this far, I swear-" Mi pleaded as they both stood up. But The girls feet couldn't handle the sudden weight however and she fell back down to the ground harshly, wacking her head on a desk.

"God, Mi." He rushed to pick her up.

She was crying. "Don't leave, don't."

He sighed pure exhaustion, "your hurting me, Mi-sun. We havnt even talked about-" his eyes caught her faltered state. "Don't make this harder than it already is... please."

"It was a mistake, I meant to tell you- you soon, I did!" Mi's head hung low as her eyes filled with a blur of water. "But I didn't want to lose you."

Jungkook eyeed the broken girl. He could tell she meant what she said, for crying out loud she had just had a panic attack that would rival distress brought by the gods. But he felt incredible hurt. She lied.

"Why don't we talk about this later. I n-" his hands dropped to his side and Mi could see he had give up right then and there. "I need to think. I need space."

All she could do is nod. So she continued to. If she talked right now, only more sobs would come out. A quiet atmosphere once again enclosed the room around them as Jungkook lifted her up and carried her to his car.

They drove slowly, not looking at each other. She had so much to say, so much to do. To explain everything and apologise endlessly. But her mouth was trapped shut, holding back cries pleading to get out.

Eventually the car stopped at Mi-sun's building. Jungkook got out and carried her still shivering body up to her room. The stairs jolted them both up and down, but there was no humour in the action, only remorse.

Her door. Mi's fingers reached out to open it. He took her in and sat her on her bed before fetching her a glass of water. He didnt sit down next to her though, he stood awkwardly.

"Sleep."

Her eyes were stuck onto the glass of liquid she was clutching in her hands. "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam." The Latin words were spoken softly.

"What does it mean?" Jungkook voice was gental as he started to make his way out the apartment.

"I will either find a way or I will make one." A sad smile was force up, "I will tell you everything... just...Don't leave me."

"I won't leave you," he didn't sound convincing as his footsteps got further away.

"Promise?" Mi's voice finally broke into a desperate mumble.

"Promise." Jungkook said, shutting the door behind him.

—————

Ahhh sorry about this being so late! I've been so stuck on how to write this chapter and my lil doggo keeps biting my laptop and stealing it,

Hope you didn't cry internally lmao-

Ps. Ya gotta vote bc Boo told you too🐶